What is this trail !!! ??? Other · Philippe Lemaitre · ... · 34 · 1202 · 3

velociraptor1 2.71
· 
·  1 like
image.png
Equidistant tail lights and abrupt motion change so it is DRONE.
Also notice the bright light has spikes, while the bright stars in image are circular shape without spikes. So that bright light with the spike is clear Artificial origin.
skybob727 6.08
· 
Philippe,

Do you have nosey neighbors?? have you seen or heard drones. Not sure why one would fly a drone at night.
st_armen5 0.00
· 
Zooming in on the corners of the frame, there are short arcs tangentially. This seems to indicate the camera rotated at some point for some reason, regardless of what caused the bright trail in the center.
Edited ...
birelian 5.49
· 
·  1 like
Abhijit Juvekar:
image.png
Equidistant tail lights and abrupt motion change so it is DRONE.
Also notice the bright light has spikes, while the bright stars in image are circular shape without spikes. So that bright light with the spike is clear Artificial origin.

I think you are right @Abhijit Juvekar

I have to admit that "An Alien craft in serious trouble" kept me laughing for 10 minutes!

G. Kimi
Philippe49 0.00
· 
There indeed is a military drone center nearby. I really like this explanation coupled with the comment by Stephen since I know either my filter wheel or its cable touch the pier causing my mount to then stop. 
Thank you guys!
Miltzu 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
Obviously Aliens and they entered to hyper drive at the end!!
HotSkyAstronomy 2.62
· 
·  1 like
Definitely a drone, MQ-9 at a distance of ~1500-2500 feet would cover that sort of angular size in the sky.
ivanrmcc 3.31
· 
·  5 likes
Philippe, I can neither confirm or deny that your image is anything other than an errand image caused by your equipment set up.  A couple of gentlemen wearing black suits  and Ray-Ban  sunglasses will call with you to discuss !!!!
st_armen5 0.00
· 
·  3 likes
The best of the best with honors.
Edited ...
Ralphmac 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Military drone

Register or login to create to post a reply.