Mount skywatcher CQ350 PRO Sky-Watcher CQ350 · masluigi · ... · 4 · 561 · 0

masluigi 1.20
· 
·  1 like
Being interested in purchasing the mount, I would like to know from those who use it their opinions, problems and above all how to guide with phd2.
Thanks for the replies.
david.nozadze 1.91
· 
Skywatcher makes very good mounts and they are so popular for the same reason. This model will not be an exception, I am sure
DarkSky7 3.81
· 
I don't have one, but a friend has one and he built an aluminum truss cage for his 16-in mead light bridge reflector. It handles it very well. It guides fine with PhD. It would be my next mount if I could afford it right now!
Elmiko 9.53
· 
·  1 like
I have the mount since January.  Had to send the first one back to Sky Watcher.  After 5 imaging sessions the ra axis was acting up. Debris probably.  They sent a new Mount in less than a week.  It works beautifully. Guiding is around.  .5  arc sec.
Carrying my 8" Newtonian effortlessly.
deepanvishal 4.06
· 
·  6 likes
Hi, 

I've been using this mount a little bit more than a month. I am using ASI Air Plus to guide it. Not guiding it directly with PDH2. 

So far I am happy with the mount. Out of the box, without any adjustments, It guides consistently around 0.5". And even better under clear sky nights. My payload has been around 40 pounds. 
It handles the esprit 150 with ease, like it is nothing. If you'd like look into guide logs please let me know, I'll be happy to send them to you. 
I toss much less images than what I used to do with EQ6-R. However, the mount seems to have periodic error. 

Comparing to EQ6-R - 
1. Mount is little light, but feels as heavy as EQ6R because it doesn't have the carrying handle. 
2. Has low latitude Option for the counter weights.
3. Neat fit and finish, larger and nicer Alt/Az Knobs. 
4. Bolts to secure polar alignment. holds PA much more than my EQ6R

What could be better? - The USB hub location & power in location could have been better. 
And, personally, I think SW should offer this mount with a Tri pier solution rather than the field tripod.   

Overall, it was a nice upgrade and only positive experience so far. But, I might be the one with a good sample. So keep looking out for user experiences. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Deepan
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.