ASIAir stops Autorun for impossible Goto ZWO ASIAIR · Ulf Jonsson · ... · 8 · 512 · 1

Juo-Photo
· 
Several times when I am executing an Autorun the process halt because ASIAir want to go to the target I am photographing. When it has med 5 attempts it halts and I have to push Stop and push start again to continue the process. Very annoying, especially if I am sitt indoors by the fireplace and have to dress up and out to the observatory.

My mount is a 10-Micron HPS-1000 and I have no connection between the mount and ASIAir. Mount chosen i "none". Can anyone explain why it has this behavior and what I can do about it?

In this case it stopped at image 13 out of 20 with 15 seconds to go and the only way to continue is to push Stop and the restart.
IMG_4288.jpeg
/ Ulf
Tomdl94 0.00
· 
Did you manage to solve this ? 
i got the same problem :/
Juo-Photo
· 
No, Tom Not yet.
OnlyAfc 0.00
· 
Its a problem with connection. 
Check cable  or socket.
I had same issue with Nikon Camera, dissapeear in asiair and set to None.
problem was a broken  cable.
balasia 4.02
· 
·  1 like
I have the same problem, when I'm using the second telescope (on the top of the main one), which is not connected to the mount. But in my case it's not stopped the session, the asiair is still working. So if I live and I do not push any of the buttons, the asiair will finish the autorun session without any problem.
Tomdl94 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Yes to Autorun will not cancel the session but the preview is blocked. 
I did change my cables and nothing changed.
even with different cameras it is Happening.

I am using a star adventurer so no goto Funktion. I did set mount to no Mount. 

the problem appears only when there are starts in the picture. In day light I can’t reproduce it. 
it seems that this is just a bug… 
asiair trying to do goto and fails, tries again, fails —> infinite loop.

work around —> restart app.
Tomdl94 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Answer from another forum from Ianmac999:

I bought the AA+ last summer and began using it in the Autumn/early winter. The firmware was v1.9. I use the Star Adventurer mount (non-Wi-Fi and non-goto) with a guide scope similar to yours. On night one everything was fine albeit I had some problems setting various guiding calibration settings. Then ZWO upgraded the firmware to V2.0, introducing the Sky Atlas etc. Ever since, I have experienced exactly what you describe. Every 2-3 exposures I get this alert on screen and have to press stop and restart the Autorun. As of now I’ve not found a solution. It is however reported as a ‘bug’ in the update that ZWO are aware of and intend fixing with a new firmware upgrade in due course. it is so frustrating and means you have to sit close to the AA to be able to constantly re-set it. That said, in my most recent experience, I left it alone for about 20 minutes. When I returned the ‘spinning wheel’ was on the screen as expected but what I did note was that the Autorun had taken at least 10 more exposures whilst it had been left unattended! Those exposures were just fine, suggesting that the ‘alert’ can be ignored.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/858923-asiair-pro-with-sky-watcher-star-adventurer-2i-error-message/
raphaelmlc 0.00
· 
I had the same problem and fir my surprise after many tests it was the power supply. Goto when activated required more intensity and the power supply although nominal 5A was nit sufficient.
JohnNoble 3.31
· 
·  1 like
I had the same issue when using a tandem set up and agree with posts above that my sessions kept running in the background. I did two things 1) updated the firmware when the new version came out 2) set the mount to ST4 as I couldn't select none. Problem has gone away!

Good luck.

Register or login to create to post a reply.