Switching Tablets During an Imaging Session ZWO ASIAIR · Jerry Gerber · ... · 6 · 212 · 0

jsg 8.77
· 
Hi!

The other night I was out imaging and my intention was to capture 100 subs.  But at around 85 subs my Android tablet was nearly out of power even though it began at 100% charge.

I have another tablet and I am wondering, what would be the process of swapping out tablets during a session?  Would I simply stop guiding and imaging with ASIAIR Plus close the app, and reopen it on the 2nd tablet, or will this cause issues? 

Or, will I have to shut down ASIAIR Plus and then turn it back on with the fully charged tablet ready to connect?

Thanks,
Jerry
david.nozadze 1.91
· 
·  1 like
Hi Jerry, 

I always use my Android app on my phone and iOS app on my MacBook during and switch between them frequently, while ASI Air is in Autorun mode. Very often I have both terminals logged in simultaneously. The switching does not affect or interrupt any processes, running on the ASI Air during the sessions.

D
CVZ_astrophotography 2.11
· 
·  1 like
You can turn off your tablet and the ASIAIR still keeps going if you use autorun. So switching to another device should be possible
Tackettbr 4.19
· 
·  2 likes
@Jerry Gerber

I have multiple setups running ASI airs. As previously mentioned, once you have started a imaging session or plan, the device will continue to run as instructed. I have done this numerous times from a tablet to my phone when the tablet ran out of batteries. Once I got uses to the software, I just run everything from my phone. Additionally, you can set the device to station mode and a it will connect to your local wifi (if in range) . If you are logged onto your "home" wifi with a tablet, computer, or phone you can then log on to the device or multiple ASI airs at the same time and switch back and forth.  

-CS! -Brandon
Edited ...
jsg 8.77
· 
Brandon Tackett:
@Jerry Gerber

I have multiple setups running ASI airs. As previously mentioned, once you have started a imaging session or plan, the device will continue to run as instructed. I have done this numerous times from a tablet to my phone when the tablet ran out of batteries. Once I got uses to the software, I just run everything from my phone. Additionally, you can set the device to station mode and a it will connect to your local wifi (if in range) . If you are logged onto your "home" wifi with a tablet, computer, or phone you can then log on to the device or multiple ASI airs at the same time and switch back and forth.  

-CS! -Brandon

Thanks Brandon!
jsg 8.77
· 
·  1 like
David Nozadze:
Hi Jerry, 

I always use my Android app on my phone and iOS app on my MacBook during and switch between them frequently, while ASI Air is in Autorun mode. Very often I have both terminals logged in simultaneously. The switching does not affect or interrupt any processes, running on the ASI Air during the sessions.

D

Great, that makes it easier!  Thank you David.
jsg 8.77
· 
·  1 like
You can turn off your tablet and the ASIAIR still keeps going if you use autorun. So switching to another device should be possible

Thank you Cornelis!

Register or login to create to post a reply.