The Difference a year makes! Centaurus A reprocess Requests for constructive critique · IrishAstro4484 · ... · 3 · 376 · 0

IrishAstro4484 5.96
· 
·  1 like
I started deep space astrophotography a bit more than a year ago and Centaurus A was one of my first targets.

I stack in DSS and processed in photoshop. I was never that happy with the initial image and a few months back I switched to Pixinsight.

I decided to restack and reprocess in Pixinsight and while there are still some issues with the image I think it looks much better.

Any thoughts and feedback are more than welcome.

Cheers,

Rob

NGC 5128: Centaurus A ( IrishAstro4484 ) - AstroBin
SteveHooyberghs 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Very nice image Rob.
Only thing I notice are the purple stars. You can fix this by inverting the image, running SCNR and inverting it again. This takes out the green that makes the stars purple.
StuartT 4.69
· 
Hooyberghs Steve:
Very nice image Rob.
Only thing I notice are the purple stars. You can fix this by inverting the image, running SCNR and inverting it again. This takes out the green that makes the stars purple.

There is actually a PI script for that "correct magenta stars" - works nicely
cbc_astro 0.90
· 
Hooyberghs Steve:
Very nice image Rob.

PixInsight has a CorrectMagentaStars script under Utilities just for this purpose. Remember that it’ll invert and apply SCNR to the whole
image. If that leads to color oddities elsewhere, you can even separate out stars, apply this script and then screen blend them back in.

Register or login to create to post a reply.