Adjusting prism of SCOPS Pegasus Astro Scops OAG · Jason Cropper · ... · 2 · 107 · 0

jjcropper 0.90
· 
Anyone here adjusted the prism of the PA SCOPS OAG?  I’m hesitant to touch it. I’ve loosened the set screw, but not sure how to move the prism. 

Shouldn’t I use another tool to move the prism up or down?   Any tips would be appreciated. 

Thanks,
Jason
mhnudi 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Jason, 

For me, I have adjusted the prism height on my Scops OAG, but one thing to note is that there are two set screws on the side, and the one that actually releases the prism may not be the one you initially adjusted.

For adjustment, I did it with the image train disassembled while able to look down the scope towards the sensor and adjust the height accordingly to minimize vignetting. I just used my hands to adjust the height. Once you loosen the appropriate set screw it’s very easy to adjust the height.
Edited ...
jjcropper 0.90
· 
Ok, thanks Matt.  I adjusted the correct set screw, but I didn't want to move the prism with my hands until I confirmed that was viable.  I am in the same boat as you.  I have disassembled the image train at the OAG.  I'll move the prism manually.  

If only the prism was on a motor!

Again, thanks for your advice, Matt.

-jason

Register or login to create to post a reply.