RC 8" Field. Gso 8 RC Telescope Images · Marcelo Alves · ... · 11 · 195 · 0

Mca1964 0.00
I order a GSO RC 8" Carbon Fiber to receive in late November.  I'd like to know the field of this RC without reducer. Thanks a lot!
khrrugh 3.21
The field depends on the camera you want to use. You can check your combination under astronomy.tools for example.

BTW: Good choice, i am very happy with the scope.
Edited ...
Fabio_Mirra 0.00
I use it native with a Moravian G2-4000 and my field of view is 0.56°x0.56°
Clear skies to you
Edited ...
battleriverobservatory 6.06
Do you plan on using the Rebel T5? With that camera it would be 0.78° x 0.52°

Still my favorite scope BTW. I am going to upgrade mine from metal to carbon fibre. Thinking about buying 2 and running 2 at a time to collect more data.
Edited ...
khrrugh 3.21
Do you plan on using the Rebel T5? With that camera it would be 0.78° x 0.52°Still my favorite scope BTW. I am going to upgrade mine from metal to carbon fibre. Thinking about buying 2 and running 2 at a time to collect more data.

That is a crazy but worthy idea. Would you run the two on one mount? You will need an Avalon M-Uno Dual, i believe? And how would you operate the Autoguider? On one scope and hope that no flexure occurs? Or will you operate the two RCs on different mounts? That would be a bit stressful, wouldn't it? 
Mca1964 0.00
I plan to keep using my Canon T5 modified.
Thanks a lot!
So, my field will be around 0.78° x 0.52°.  I will use for small and medium objects. For  bigger objects I will keep using my Apo 102mm F/7 - 60'x 80' of field.
Edited ...
battleriverobservatory 6.06
Michael Timm:
Do you plan on using the Rebel T5? With that camera it would be 0.78° x 0.52°Still my favorite scope BTW. I am going to upgrade mine from metal to carbon fibre. Thinking about buying 2 and running 2 at a time to collect more data.
That is a crazy but worthy idea. Would you run the two on one mount? You will need an Avalon M-Uno Dual, i believe? And how would you operate the Autoguider? On one scope and hope that no flexure occurs? Or will you operate the two RCs on different mounts? That would be a bit stressful, wouldn't it? 

I was thinking side by side on a cem120. Flexure with carbon is pretty non existent, the dovetail might have some but you’d never notice it and it wouldn’t be enough to throw it off since they’re the same focal length. It would be more of an issue with a small guide scope.
khrrugh 3.21
Matt, if you ever realize this setup, please send me an image  8)
Mca1964 0.00
Finally I receive my GSO RC 8" Carbon Fiber. I Will use with Canon T5 modified and iOptron CEM25P.
khrrugh 3.21
·  1 like
Seems it is a christmas present brought to you by Santa :-) Have fun with it!
Mca1964 0.00
Thanks a lot! That's the image of my RC8! 20201222_131140.jpg20201222_132044.jpg
Edited ...
Mca1964 0.00
I have to invert the dovetails because my mount is Vixen style. Maybe I'll remove the Losmany dovetail if it doesn't change the stability of the OTA.

Register or login to create to post a reply.