Sh2 156 Sharpless2 Objects · Bob Scott · ... · 3 · 223 · 0

bmgscott 0.00
Imaged over three nights poor weather but managed to capture 4 x 900 un binned and RGB of 6 x 300 each binned 2 x 2
jerryyyyy 9.03
Hang in there.  These objects require persistence....
Carballada 1.91
At a f5 usually i need more that 30 hours, i started with less time... but the results are really better, time, sharpless objects need to much time.. 
jerryyyyy 9.03
Yes, I just changed scopes.  I had a Takahashi 180ED which was F2.8!  This is a Newtonian with a built in focal reducer... but very hard to collumate.  CFZ = 17nm.  I got it because I knew in my LP I was going to do NB.  It worked well for years but at 500mm FL everything was wide angle.  It was 12 years old when I sold it.  Mirror needed to be replated.

A friend recommended Stellarvue... was considering a Tak 106, but they have had quality control problems.  Stellarvue is local to me so I went out there and was impressed.  I knew I could convince them to give me a very good piece of glass... or I could show up; on his doorstep. ;)   Anyway, this is F7 and FL 912mm.  Works well enough on length of exposures.  Though I always have some guiding issues.

I also bought their FRer which will reduce the FL to about 700 and the F to 5.6.  I like longer FL so have not tried it.

I normally start with 8h of HA... to improve the SNR you really have to go to 16h+ as you can see.  The O-III is even worse.  My buddy here says you need 2 O-III for every HA and he is right.  Also nosier.  I am trying to deal with the noise in post-processing.

Right now I am trying to hit all the Sh2 objects I have missed so more into quantity than quality.... a lot are pretty bright but the obscure #s are small.

Clear Skys!

Register or login to create to post a reply.