Image description AstroBin Platform open discussions community forum · Jan Erik Vallestad · ... · 10 · 152 · 5

janvalphotography 4.36
· 
On my most recent image I'm not able to put images in the description, this bar is missing when I try to edit the text:
image.png
Here's how it looks:
image.png

Is this due to a change?
siovene
· 
Hi Jan,

I'm not aware of a problem with that part of the site, and I cannot reproduce the issue.

Can you test another browser to isolate the problem? Can you use Chrome, open the Chrome Developer Tools, look at the Console Tab, refresh the page, and see if there are any errors?

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 15.36.09.jpg
janvalphotography 4.36
· 
Salvatore Iovene:
Hi Jan,

I'm not aware of a problem with that part of the site, and I cannot reproduce the issue.

Can you test another browser to isolate the problem? Can you use Chrome, open the Chrome Developer Tools, look at the Console Tab, refresh the page, and see if there are any errors?

Screen Shot 2024-04-06 at 15.36.09.jpg

Thanks for replying! I will check as soon as possible. 

I've posted an image after this as well where I didn't have this issue. So the only logical explanation is that it has to do with deleting the original image somehow. Which I happened to do in that particular case.
siovene
· 
Hi Jan,

if the issue was only momentary, it could've been a connection issue.

That enhanced text editor is built progressively after the page has loaded, by loading additional CSS and JavaScript.

If a momentary connection issue prevented that, then the editor would've looked plain as in your screenshot.

When you are on the image data editor page, unless you have changed some data that you don't want to lose, you can just refresh the page even if you just completed an upload.
janvalphotography 4.36
· 
Here's a screenshot from the console log:
image.png

It's still the same issue, but I think it started when I deleted my original image and had it replaced by a revision. That's when the editing options changed, at least I'm quite sure about that.
siovene
· 
Hi Jan,

does this happen reliably for one specific image of yours?
janvalphotography 4.36
· 
Salvatore Iovene:
Hi Jan,

does this happen reliably for one specific image of yours?

Yes, it appears to only happen with this one: https://www.astrobin.com/p5xcmy/J/

I will refrain from deleting the original from now on, it was a special case of uploading an unfinished image by mistake. Perhaps the better solution would have been to delete it and upload the finished version as a "new upload" in sted.

I don't think I've done this before so I haven't tried reproducing it. But I could try in the staging area perhaps.
siovene
· 
@Jan Erik Vallestad,

do you mind if I change your password so I can log in as you and reproduce it? It will simplify my life a lot if I don't need to copy the database and start a test instance.

When I'm done, you can change the password back to your liking.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
janvalphotography 4.36
· 
@Salvatore Iovene

Of course, that'll be ok.
siovene
· 
·  1 like
Hi Jan,

I accessed your account and checked the issue. For some reason that I cannot determine anymore, your image at some point got the form field that saves the plain text description (still there for compatibility reasons with old images) instead of the new one that allows formatting.

Once that was set, AstroBin continued using that one.

I manually swapped them and now you get the correct field.

It's weird and I cannot think of a single reason for that to happen, to be honest

I will email you a new password now.

Thanks for your patience,
Salvatore
janvalphotography 4.36
· 
Thank you, much appreciated

Register or login to create to post a reply.