humidity problem in the camera? QHYCCD QHY600PH M SBFL (Short back-focal length) · José Carlos Rodríguez · ... · 21 · 212 · 6

Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 

Hola a todos. Llevo mucho tiempo teniendo problemas con mis fotos. Adjunto foto de 600 Ha de la Nebulosa Cabeza de Delfín (SH2-308) tomada desde mi casa, en Málaga Capital, con un rango de 8-9. Podéis ver una especie de donut en la foto que no puedo quitar con el procesamiento. ¿Alguien podría darme una pista de por qué es esto? ¿Podría ser un problema de humedad en la cámara? Tengo una cinta calefactora en el tubo. He mirado en la web de QHY y habla de qué hacer si hay problemas de humedad, pero no me queda claro. ¿Alguien ha secado la cámara?
Gracias.
Equipo: Tubo: OS RH200 AT ESATTO 3.5” LP ROBOTIC FOCUS QHY600 PH-M SBFL CAMARA Filtros de ultra alta velocidad 3.5

Enlace a foto completa en ajustes
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
José Carlos Rodríguez:

Hola a todos. Llevo mucho tiempo teniendo problemas con mis fotos. Adjunto foto de 600 Ha de la Nebulosa Cabeza de Delfín (SH2-308) tomada desde mi casa, en Málaga Capital, con un rango de 8-9. Podéis ver una especie de donut en la foto que no puedo quitar con el procesamiento. ¿Alguien podría darme una pista de por qué es esto? ¿Podría ser un problema de humedad en la cámara? Tengo una cinta calefactora en el tubo. He mirado en la web de QHY y habla de qué hacer si hay problemas de humedad, pero no me queda claro. ¿Alguien ha secado la cámara?
Gracias.
Equipo: Tubo: OS RH200 AT ESATTO 3.5” LP ROBOTIC FOCUS QHY600 PH-M SBFL CAMARA Filtros de ultra alta velocidad 3.5

Did you fill up and install the desiccant tube into the side port on the camera? This is there to help in case you are having dew issues with the camera.
bdm201170 2.11
· 
hola

chequea tus flats y calibracion y ademas tu back focus y  mira dentro de la camara los desumificadores si estan  vencidos o secos 
y dejame saber mas de esos filtros de alata velocidad  y si antes  o siempre  has tenido ese problema , de ahi podemos empezar 

saludos 

CS, BRIAN
Edited ...
Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 
Thanks for answering Brian
  When you say: "look inside the chamber at the desumifiers if they are expired or dry" How do I do it?
andreatax 7.90
· 
It isn't likely to be humidity.
bdm201170 2.11
· 
José Carlos Rodríguez:
  When you say: "look inside the chamber at the desumifiers if they are expired or dry" How do I do it?

first check the camera  outside it , for some signal or humidity  
however , for me is some problem with  flats calibration, optical train , and maybe  problem with back focus 

CS
Edited ...
Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 
andrea tasselli:
It isn't likely to be humidity.

Thanks Andrea for responding.
  So, what do you think the problem could be?
Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 
Brian Diaz:
José Carlos Rodríguez:

however , for me is some problem with  flats calibration, optical train , and maybe  problem with back focus 

CS

On the outside there is no condensation visible on the camera.
I already checked the calibration of the flats. I tried various ADU strokes, as well as my RB Focus eXcalibur and a Lacerta flats box, with the same results.
I already checked the possible optical problems and found nothing.

A back focus can cause these problems
bdm201170 2.11
· 
José Carlos Rodríguez:
Brian Diaz:
José Carlos Rodríguez:

CS

On the outside there is no condensation visible on the camera.
I already checked the calibration of the flats. I tried various ADU strokes, as well as my RB Focus eXcalibur and a Lacerta flats box, with the same results.
I already checked the possible optical problems and found nothing.

the back focus maybe cause problem with de flats , to help you i need more info 
it is the first time  it happens  with this setup.
unload your master flat
andreatax 7.90
· 
José Carlos Rodríguez:
hanks Andrea for responding.
  So, what do you think the problem could be?

Stray light is the prime suspect. And I always found calibrating lights from the RH200 exceedingly difficult, even under pristine skies. First port of call is always describe your calibration sequence in detail and upload a flat.
Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 
I have created a shared folder with the calibration files. They are in Xisf format
Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 
I use Weighted Batch Preprocessing Script v2.7.0 from Pixinsight
Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 
Bill Long - Dark Matters Astrophotography:
José Carlos Rodríguez:

Gracias.

Did you fill up and install the desiccant tube into the side port on the camera? This is there to help in case you are having dew issues with the camera.

Hi Bill, thanks for responding.
I haven't been able to do it, since on the QHY website, it says that you have to use a vacuum pump, and I don't know where to get it from or how to connect it.
bdm201170 2.11
· 
looking closed , look like vignetting  maybe or not 

that is first time with this problem ???
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
José Carlos Rodríguez:
José Carlos Rodríguez:

Gracias.

I haven't been able to do it, since on the QHY website, it says that you have to use a vacuum pump, and I don't know where to get it from or how to connect it.

There should be a metal tube in the box. You fill that with desiccant and screw it into the port on the side of the camera that is currently covered with a screw. You might want to put some cotton in the tube first to prevent any possible spillage into the chamber.
Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 
José Carlos Rodríguez:
José Carlos Rodríguez:

Gracias.

There should be a metal tube in the box. You fill that with desiccant and screw it into the port on the side of the camera that is currently covered with a screw. You might want to put some cotton in the tube first to prevent any possible spillage into the chamber.

And the vacuum pump?
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
·  1 like
I know nothing about the vacuum pump. The tube can be used on it's own.
andreatax 7.90
· 
José Carlos Rodríguez:
I use Weighted Batch Preprocessing Script v2.7.0 from Pixinsight

*That doesn't say much. While downloading It would be nice to have a raw light frame to work with.
andreatax 7.90
· 
The flat appears normal but the dark is VERY wrong. You have a light leak there. And the bias is clipped.
Edited ...
jmarinotero 3.61
· 
In my experience this is usually a light leak or reflection of some sort. You are imaging with a very fast system from a very light polluted sky, with an extremely sensitive sensor. Are you sure there is no light leak into your darks / bias / dark flats?. It could also be a reflection or indirect light entering your light path (street lights close by? Any shiny surfaces in there?).  This problem usually manifests itself with improper calibration frames that produce this bright ring. I have seen this with my Epsilons as well under those conditions. You could fix this with a synthetic flat but it is best to get to the root of the problem for the next session if possible. 

Buena suerte!
Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 
andrea tasselli:
The flat appears normal but the dark is VERY wrong. You have a light leak there. And the bias is clipped.

Ok Thank you.
I'll check it to see if I've missed anything.
Jc_astronomia 0.00
· 
In my experience this is usually a light leak or reflection of some sort. You are imaging with a very fast system from a very light polluted sky, with an extremely sensitive sensor. Are you sure there is no light leak into your darks / bias / dark flats?. It could also be a reflection or indirect light entering your light path (street lights close by? Any shiny surfaces in there?).  This problem usually manifests itself with improper calibration frames that produce this bright ring. I have seen this with my Epsilons as well under those conditions. You could fix this with a synthetic flat but it is best to get to the root of the problem for the next session if possible. 

Buena suerte!

Thanks jmarinotero.
I'll check it all out next time I have the chance to see if I've missed anything.

Register or login to create to post a reply.