Problems locating objects ZWO AM5 · Enrique Ojeda · ... · 5 · 153 · 5

EnriqueOjedaC 0.00
· 
I just bought my ZWO AM5 but I can't get it to move to the coordinates of any object and when I do (with M81) it positions itself in a very wrong direction. I don't have Asiar + so I control it with ASCOM and ASI Mount. The mount connects without problems to my APT software. I do the polar alignment with PoleMaster (adapt a 3D printed part to hold the pole). I think I have everything configured correctly in the ASI Mount and in APT, I mean location, date and time, etc. I attach images with the errors that the ASI Mount shows me. These errors appear when I click Sync in APT after doing the process to determine where in the sky my telescope is pointing. They also appear when I manually capture the object's coordinates and click GoTo in APT. I didn't do any prior configuration with the mount, I simply took it out of its box and connected it to my setup. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions please. I haven't been able to use my expensive new toy 😭 Thanks and clear skies!Captura3.jpegCaptura.jpegCaptura2.jpeg
AsteoMik 0.90
· 
·  1 like
APT's PLATE SOLVING doesn't resolve the object?
dkamen 6.89
· 
·  1 like
It seems like the mount (or APT) has the wrong idea about which way the business end of the telescope is pointing to.

Is the telescope mounted the way the drawing on the mount indicates ?
EnriqueOjedaC 0.00
· 
Michele:
APT's PLATE SOLVING doesn't resolve the object?

Thanks for your answer. I already solved the problem. Incredibly, I didn't realize that the Longitude parameter in ASI Mount was positive and must be negative for my location, I was in China for the mount and must have been in Mexico 🤣 Clear skies.
EnriqueOjedaC 0.00
· 
It seems like the mount (or APT) has the wrong idea about which way the business end of the telescope is pointing to.

Is the telescope mounted the way the drawing on the mount indicates ?

Thanks for your answer. I already solved the problem. Incredibly, I didn't realize that the Longitude parameter in ASI Mount was positive and must be negative for my location, I was in China for the mount and must have been in Mexico 🤣 Clear skies.
AsteoMik 0.90
· 
·  1 like
🙈👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😅😅😅😄😄😄😄😄

Register or login to create to post a reply.