Free Orion Nebula Data (No longer valid) [Deep Sky] Acquisition techniques · Bill Long - Dark Matters Astrophotography · ... · 46 · 3726 · 21

AstroPhysicistAsquare 0.00
· 
It is saying that your postal code is wrong. Please select any state from the given states and all the states mentioned are of USA.
· 
This error is coming.

Screenshot_20240126_192043_Chrome.jpg
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
Arpit Anand:
This error is coming.

Did you change the country value to your country?
· 
Yes
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
Arpit Anand:
Yes

Send me your details in a PM and I will attempt to repro the problem.
ldhallett 0.00
· 
·  2 likes

M42 Orion Data from Dark Matters Astro
Edited ...
strawfedora 0.00
· 
I am having trouble downloading your data.  I am running Mac OS Sonoma, and the zip file downloads.  However, when I open it, all I got was the blue and green data, but no Lum or Red data.  

Thanks for looking into this.
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
Timothy Straub:
I am having trouble downloading your data.  I am running Mac OS Sonoma, and the zip file downloads.  However, when I open it, all I got was the blue and green data, but no Lum or Red data.  

Thanks for looking into this.

I would download it again. I just tested it and the download is fine.
strawfedora 0.00
· 
Thanks, 

I have tried downloading three different times, and I have the same problem,.  I am going to try on my Windows computer in case it is an issue with MacOS
DalePenkala 15.85
· 
·  1 like
Bill Long - Dark Matters Astrophotography:
Hello all,

Wanted to pass along that we are offering to all of our users and customers this set of data for free now, and for all time:

Orion Nebula | Dark Matters Astrophotography

It is 12.6 hours of M42 taken in LRGB. 

Thanks,
Bill Long

Thank you for this data Bill. I had fun in processing this data seeing as though we haven't had any clear skies here in Michigan now for over 2 months.

Dale

M42_Final_Resampled.jpg
stmackenzie 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Beautiful data! Thank You!
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
Arpit Anand:
This error is coming.

Posting here in case others ran into this problem. We've pushed an update live that solves this issue. From what we can tell it only impacted orders for customers in India. Regardless, this should now be resolved.

Bill
TareqPhoto 2.94
· 
Arpit Anand:
This error is coming.

Posting here in case others ran into this problem. We've pushed an update live that solves this issue. From what we can tell it only impacted orders for customers in India. Regardless, this should now be resolved.

Bill

Bill, please, i did have tour data in the past i think 2017/2018, but my computer was infected and data is gone, so i wish to have that data again where you used several scopes for it [including AstroPhysics and Takahashi and more], if you have it again please send it to me or post, or if you have another data new also with several scopes/setup i would be happy to have as it was a big help and like a reference for me.

Thank you
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
Tareq Abdulla:
Arpit Anand:
This error is coming.

Bill

Bill, please, i did have tour data in the past i think 2017/2018, but my computer was infected and data is gone, so i wish to have that data again where you used several scopes for it [including AstroPhysics and Takahashi and more], if you have it again please send it to me or post, or if you have another data new also with several scopes/setup i would be happy to have as it was a big help and like a reference for me.

Thank you

That data is long gone. All of the data here now is from the current scope systems, and can be found on our site at darkmattersastro.com. 

I recently put up shorts for Spider Nebula (SHO) and Flame Nebula (LRGB). I'm finishing up the masters for VDB4 (LRGB) and Cone Nebula (HA-RGB) for our deep dive collection as I type this.

Even more to come over the next week as well.

Bill
​​​​
TareqPhoto 2.94
· 
·  1 like
Tareq Abdulla:
Arpit Anand:
This error is coming.

Bill

Thank you

That data is long gone. All of the data here now is from the current scope systems, and can be found on our site at darkmattersastro.com. 

I recently put up shorts for Spider Nebula (SHO) and Flame Nebula (LRGB). I'm finishing up the masters for VDB4 (LRGB) and Cone Nebula (HA-RGB) for our deep dive collection as I type this.

Even more to come over the next week as well.

Bill
​​​​

Ok, thank you
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
·  1 like
A little bump, be sure to check out the site overall, as well as our new launch announcement, in addition to grabbing some sweet free data:

Announcement Link: https://view.creativemail.com/v1.0/campaigns/b0a75fc6-d966-4228-9811-49d6cace3f91/view

Clear Skies,
Bill
Edited ...
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
Note, the data is still available for free, but we have enabled Two Factor Authentication (2FA) on the site, to secure our customers better.

Copy of what we sent to all of our users: https://view.creativemail.com/v1.0/campaigns/3a51ca9a-ff6e-4269-9f4f-6bf3edc0ec6f/view

We appreciate both the folks that signed up for the site in good faith.

Thank you!

-Bill
Edited ...
TareqPhoto 2.94
· 
Note, the data is still available for free, but we have enabled Two Factor Authentication (2FA) on the site, to secure our customers better, and to prevent folks from signing up for the service with bogus data just to get data for free.

Copy of what we sent to all of our users: https://view.creativemail.com/v1.0/campaigns/3a51ca9a-ff6e-4269-9f4f-6bf3edc0ec6f/view

We appreciate both the folks that signed up for the site in good faith, and those that inputted garbage into the forms to just get free data. Both sides of this informed our move to 2FA.

Thank you!

-Bill

In that link the code didn't work.
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
Tareq Abdulla:
Note, the data is still available for free, but we have enabled Two Factor Authentication (2FA) on the site, to secure our customers better, and to prevent folks from signing up for the service with bogus data just to get data for free.

We appreciate both the folks that signed up for the site in good faith, and those that inputted garbage into the forms to just get free data. Both sides of this informed our move to 2FA.

Thank you!

-Bill

You have to have a valid account, but the code should work just fine for Thor's Helmet. I just tested it again with a fresh account. Post a screenshot of the error in the right thread:

https://www.astrobin.com/forum/c/astrophotography/deep-sky/free-data-thors-helmet-bicolor-w-rgb-stars-until-4122024/

Bonus points, I found some of the old backyard data sets I will be releasing after the 4/12/2024 go live. For folks on the Data Club Membership and higher.

-Bill
Edited ...
TareqPhoto 2.94
· 
·  1 like
Tareq Abdulla:

Thank you!

-Bill

You have to have a valid account, but the code should work just fine for Thor's Helmet. I just tested it again with a fresh account. Post a screenshot of the error in the right thread:

https://www.astrobin.com/forum/c/astrophotography/deep-sky/free-data-thors-helmet-bicolor-w-rgb-stars-until-4122024/

Bonus points, I found some of the old backyard data sets I will be releasing after the 4/12/2024 go live. For folks on the Data Club Membership and higher.

-Bill

I got an email and that worked nicely, perfect, thank you very much Bill
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
Tareq Abdulla:
I got an email and that worked nicely, perfect, thank you very much Bill

Great to hear! You're very welcome. 🙂

Bill
rockstarbill 11.02
· 
·  1 like
As of 3/31/2024 this data will no longer be free and will be replaced with our Thor's Helmet dataset instead.

Bill
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.