Use of ZWO ASI432MM with small hydrogen alpha scope or larger white light scope ZWO ASI432MM · arnyf · ... · 1 · 293 · 0

arnyf 0.00
· 
Is there any advantage to using the 432mm over, say the 174mm for a scope as small as a single stack Lunt 50mm f/7 or the like?  Would using a focal extender to make it f/14 make the 432mm more useful than the 174mm?   What about a 100mm aperture refractor with a standard Baader film filter?  Would the 432mm be particularly helpful there?   Thanks.
Deege7 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
Is there any advantage to using the 432mm over, say the 174mm for a scope as small as a single stack Lunt 50mm f/7 or the like?  Would using a focal extender to make it f/14 make the 432mm more useful than the 174mm?   What about a 100mm aperture refractor with a standard Baader film filter?  Would the 432mm be particularly helpful there?   Thanks.

Hi Arny, i know this is an older post, but I use the 432mm with a Lunt LS50tha double stack with the televue 2x focal extender and it works great. I was using it with my asi290mm which does a great job as well, but the detail and sensor size that the 432mm affords is just awesome! That has become my goto solar setup. Also, if you do night time astrophotography the 432mm makes a stellar (forgive the pun) guide camera!

Register or login to create to post a reply.