Attaching Samyang 135 to Star Adventurer 2i Samyang 135mm F2.0 ED UMC · Alien_Enthusiast · ... · 6 · 125 · 5

Alien_Enthusiast 2.11
· 
Dear AstroBinners,

Simple question,

What is the cheapest and the most compact way to attach my samyang lens to star adventurer 2i?

Ive seen all those 3d printed mounts but they seem really overpriced and bulky. 

Some kind of ring would be ideal.

I tried using Nikon 70-200 ring but it didnt work out, diameter turned out a bigger than the lens itself. 

It fits on the small portion before F adjuster but the ring after that is way too small.

Any suggestions?

IMG_9868.jpgIMG_9870.jpgIMG_9872.jpg
andreatax 7.90
· 
·  1 like
I use the same collar but added rubber pads to compensate for the extra space.
Alien_Enthusiast 2.11
· 
andrea tasselli:
I use the same collar but added rubber pads to compensate for the extra space.

Which ones are you using? I had similar idea and people have told me this before, but Im kinda scared that at one point ring will just detach 

I wanna make sure the spacing is right
andreatax 7.90
· 
·  1 like
I guess the cheapest one I could find on eBay, with the closest diameter. I'll check once back at home. But it looks pretty identical to yours.
Alien_Enthusiast 2.11
· 
andrea tasselli:
I guess the cheapest one I could find on eBay, with the closest diameter. I'll check once back at home. But it looks pretty identical to yours.

No Im talking about the rubber things 

Like how thin do they need to be for it to be a reliable fit? I tried using double sided tape but it was too thin and fit was very flimsy 

Could you send link to the rubber pads u were using?
andreatax 7.90
· 
This is it: Silicone Rubber Strip Pad Self Adhesive Seal Gasket Thickness 0.5mm -6mm | eBay

6mm thick
AndreaMinoia 0.00
· 
The redcat mounting ring from William optics fits very nicely, and you can complement it with the handlebar. not cheap but great quality. If you are in europe, I have the bracket kit from astrokraken to sell, since is taking dust in a drawer. if you interested send me a message.IMG_6090.JPGIMG_6091.JPG

Register or login to create to post a reply.