DeepSkyDad Flap Panel design? DeepSkyDad Flap Panel (FP1) · Nick Grundy · ... · 5 · 173 · 1

Supro 3.81
· 
anyone know if this is normal? should these 2 rings separate?
IMG_1328.jpeg
Leon87 0.00
· 
I'm interested in the same item.... for an Askar fra 400. So I follow. From what I could see, the first ring (the one on the panel side) protrudes from the lens hood. The second is the fixing one, with the screws. In other words, the former acts as a stop for the flat panel and does not deform. The second instead tightens on the lens hood.
Supro 3.81
· 
I think that makes sense. The first ring definitely tights on the lens hood. The second ring has magnets in it?? And the 3rd ring is the actual flap.

i just wonder why the tightened ring would be fixed to the middle one
Leon87 0.00
· 
Which model is that? I'm waiting for some realistic review of it. Probably I'll install one of them in a remote hosting site so needs to be absolutely reliable.
Supro 3.81
· 
Mine is for the toa-130 but I imagine it’s the same design

my plan is remote as well so this is a critical piece. Haven’t tested it yet tho
Supro 3.81
· 
i can confirm (after trying it out tonight) that the ring is definitely too large when tightened down. It still rotates and slides off freely when tightened to the max of the ring. It's unfortunate since it seems like a decent device otherwise. (and certainly needed in the marketplace) 

Has anyone else used the DeepSkyDad Flap Panels enough to comment? is the sizing usually spot on? Or should I add in some felt-lined tape to make it more snug? 

I was looking at this for my soon-to-be-remote rig, but getting this right is hanging me up a bit. 

My next option would be the primalucelab alto+giotto?

Register or login to create to post a reply.