Moon Angle Loop Condition - Help needed Stefan Berg Nighttime Imaging 'N' Astronomy (N.I.N.A. / NINA) · Wanda Conde · ... · 1 · 70 · 0

Wanda.Conde 5.22
· 
Hello everyone!

I am facing an issue I never came across before.  A while ago I started using the Moon Angle Loop Condition in NINA, which I really like.  With this feature I establish a minimum separation between the object and the Moon for each filter.  I was using it without issues,  but tonight for the first time I encountered the problem that when the Moon separation is less than what the Lorentzian Limit allows for all the filters , but the object is above the minimum altitude (which for my sessions is 30 degrees), NINA goes back to the main instructions for that target and then goes in a never-ending loop of slewing, running the autofocus, center, and restarting the guider instead of moving to the next target in the sequence.  Are any of you using the Moon Angle feature.  Have you encountered the same issue?  If so, how did you solve it?  Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Clear skies,
Wanda
andreatax 7.90
· 
I didn't know and I can't find any reference to such a Loop Condition. Furthermore, what the heck is a Lorentzian Limit??

Register or login to create to post a reply.