User exoerience with Officina Stellare RH and/or RiFAST scopes Officina Stellare RH200 AT · DrTAV · ... · 6 · 456 · 1

DrTAV 0.00
· 
There are several OS scope users on Astrobin. I would love to learn about their experience. Specifically, product and service quality. These are no doubt high-end, impressive devices, but unfortunately there seems to be a paucity of recent feedback. If you continue to be satisfied with your imaging scope, please let others know and if there have been issues, it's important to learn what they have been. No product is perfect. I have no intent to degrade the company's reputation. I would love to own one myself at some point. Thank you all in advance.
andreatax 7.90
· 
My experience of using remote RH200s is that their performance wasn't stellar and in fact in at least one case it was downright poor. Personally I'd steer clear of any small scope with CO larger than 40%, although not necessarily exclusive of the RH. Apparently, from the feedback I had, this is an optical/mechanical configuration tricky to get right in the field. Others may have had a different experience.
PABresler 0.00
· 
I use mine at my observatory. NINA Hocus Focus helps with adjusting tilt in the cormers.

Peter
astrofalls 7.58
· 
·  1 like
I experienced very bad trefoil astigmatism on an RH200. It manifests as triangle stars that wouldn't go away, even with the front corrector plate totally loose pointed at zenith
PABresler 0.00
· 
Jim Nomura adjusted my scope and there is no astigmatism. It is  not a simple process to adjust the scope.

NGC 1499 California Nebula_300sec_1x1_Ha_0004.jpg
spacetimepictures 4.07
· 
376μ pixel size would match well with my RH200.
pieter_koolen
· 
I used to own a Veloce RH200.
One of the first.
Quite happy with it .
Great to work with.
No problems what so ever.
Great image quality at F3

Register or login to create to post a reply.