BlurXTerminator AI2 File Russell Croman Astrophotography BlurXTerminator · Christopher Gomez · ... · 8 · 786 · 0

cgome004 0.00
· 
I recently upgraded my BlurXTerminator to the AI4 version and lost the AI2 file. can anyone share the BlurXTerminator.2.pb file for the AI2 with me?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Gomez
KyeongsangYun 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
Please refer to the link below

https://www.rc-astro.com/faq/how-can-i-install-blurxterminator-ai2/
cgome004 0.00
· 
awesome thanks!
ninjageezer 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
Christopher Gomez:
I recently upgraded my BlurXTerminator to the AI4 version and lost the AI2 file. can anyone share the BlurXTerminator.2.pb file for the AI2 with me?

Thanks in advance!

Chris Gomez

Might be a daft question but why would you want to go to the older version ,,,,unless it is better of course.
cgome004 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
So I had been working on processing one image and was using the AI2 and then updated to the AI4 and for some reason, I got a slightly better result with AI2 for the non stellar sharpening. It was subtle but for my personal preference I like it better. The AI4 capabilities especially for star correction are superior but I did want to have the option of trying both to see if I liked one result over the other.
AnthonyQ 3.61
· 
·  1 like
Paul Tuff:
Christopher Gomez:

Thanks in advance!

Chris Gomez

Might be a daft question but why would you want to go to the older version ,,,,unless it is better of course.

I was getting some unappealing star colors with v4, only on some of my data, but I do get better non-stellar deconvolution with v4.

Russ is aware of this and has said he is keeping v2 AI available for now.
ninjageezer 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Thanks for that.can you select either you select AI 2  or AI4 if you have them both in the same folder
AnthonyQ 3.61
· 
Paul Tuff:
Thanks for that.can you select either you select AI 2  or AI4 if you have them both in the same folder

Yes
Alan_Brunelle
· 
·  1 like
Paul Tuff:
Christopher Gomez:

Thanks in advance!

Chris Gomez

Only to add my experience, but I also found with one image that I needed to go back to v2 to do an operation.  I do not recall the issue.  I should also add that I almost never apply BXT to do its job all in one button click.  I usually do the star only correction first and then do other stuff at another time, if ever.  But I cannot remember which function I found the problem!  Sorry!

Register or login to create to post a reply.