Capella Other · Dominik · ... · 4 · 182 · 2

OnlyTheSky 0.90
· 
What is that near Capella?

Just took some test shots and saw a strange ring. It looks like a gas ring. I moved a bit to the side and took another shot. Image train was okay.

Couldn't see that object there anymore. Lens and filter or contamination could then be ruled out.

Clear skies 
Dominik

1000014053.jpg
OnlyTheSky 0.90
· 
·  1 like
Dominik:
What is that near Capella?

Just took some test shots and saw a strange ring. It looks like a gas ring. I moved a bit to the side and took another shot. Image train was okay.

Couldn't see that object there anymore. Lens and filter or contamination could then be ruled out.

Clear skies 
Dominik

1000014053.jpg

Ok. It looks like a reflection.

If I change the angle slightly, it no longer appears. That's why I'm still a beginner.  

CS 
Dominik
scottstirling 0.90
· 
·  2 likes
Lens flare, often with brightest stars centered, shows up off center and sometimes looks like an oval nebula.
janvalphotography 4.36
· 
·  2 likes
Just a little tip, if you don't know it already, you can use this website to look up everything. You can check the "SIMBAD" checkbox and click on any object etc and get information. Or you could use the downloadable Stellarium application and load all the different objects in the settings.

https://aladin.cds.unistra.fr/AladinLite/

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean in any future cases where you might wonder about something that's not a flare
Edited ...
OnlyTheSky 0.90
· 
Jan Erik Vallestad:
Just a little tip, if you don't know it already, you can use this website to look up everything. You can check the "SIMBAD" checkbox and click on any object etc and get information. Or you could use the downloadable Stellarium application and load all the different objects in the settings.

https://aladin.cds.unistra.fr/AladinLite/

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean in any future cases where you might wonder about something that's not a flare

Thank you! :-)

Register or login to create to post a reply.