Askar 130 PHQ Askar 130PHQ · Aastro123 · ... · 31 · 2617 · 18

jsg 8.77
· 
·  1 like
My Askar 130PHQ has excellent optical quality. 

I did have an issue the other night, the ring that sits under the front of the dew shield (the one with the focal length and aperture size printed on it) came loose.  Luckily it didn't touch the objective lens but it shouldn't have been loose.  There are no screws to tighten so I am not sure how it's supposed to be held in place.  This is a brand new scope I've used only  5 times and bought it in April.  I contacted High Point Scientific to tell them about this and am awaiting to hear back. 

In the meanwhile, enjoy some of the images I recently posted using this scope (the NGC7000 and IC5070 on my Astrobin page)
SeaLint 1.20
· 
Jerry Gerber:
My Askar 130PHQ has excellent optical quality. 

I did have an issue the other night, the ring that sits under the front of the dew shield (the one with the focal length and aperture size printed on it) came loose.  Luckily it didn't touch the objective lens but it shouldn't have been loose.  There are no screws to tighten so I am not sure how it's supposed to be held in place.  This is a brand new scope I've used only  5 times and bought it in April.  I contacted High Point Scientific to tell them about this and am awaiting to hear back.

Let us know how it turns out!
Edited ...
Pariah 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Askars support appears to be good from the above experiences, but QA should be carried out at source, not by the end user
jsg 8.77
· 
·  3 likes
I spoke with Askar and High Point Scientific.  It turns out the inner ring that I mentioned previously came loose because whenever I would extend the dew shield, I turned it rather than pull it straight forward.  This, over time, loosened the ring.  By bringing the dew shield all the way in and locking it I was able to turn (clockwise!) the ring until it tightened just in front of the objective lens.   So if yours becomes loose it's an easy fix.   Make sure when extending the dew shield you pull it out rather than turn it round and round to get it in place.
juancc 1.20
· 
Hello, I have had this tube for a while, come on, I have two images and it didn't go very well, I don't know why but I get stars like the ones above at the beginning of the forum as strange and I don't see a solution, I made toams of 600, 300 seconds ha, and sll and the result is the same, I don't use reducer at all, my camera is 2600mm and antlia filters.
Edited ...
bdm201170 2.11
· 
·  1 like
Hello, I have had this tube for a while, come on, I have two images and it didn't go very well, I don't know why but I get stars like the ones above at the beginning of the forum as strange and I don't see a solution, I made toams of 600, 300 seconds ha, and sll and the result is the same, I don't use reducer at all, my camera is 2600mm and antlia filters.

upload some image
juancc 1.20
· 
Captura de pantalla 2024-01-07 a las 15.16.10.png
This would be an example of what happens at 600sec of exposure and 100sec of gain with the 2600mm ha, the same thing happens in all the filters

Register or login to create to post a reply.