Bright circle in my images [Deep Sky] Acquisition techniques · Menelaos · ... · 3 · 173 · 1

Menelaos 0.00
· 
Hello good people.

I created a topic a couple days ago about flat frames and i uploaded some images when it was pointed out to me that my images have a bright circle in them and that it might be a problem within the imaging tube with reflections. I don’t know where to begin with this. I am using a skywatcher 150/750 pds Newtonian with a ts maxfield coma corrector (which I recently bought). I am just hoping that the coma corrector is not defective because it is giving me quite a lot of vignette as well to be honest. How do i go fixing this if it really is a problem? Can i work around this with flats? My flats seem to have the bright circle too. And just to be clear i am not talking about vignetting there seems to be a bright ring.
here is an image to see what it looks like and i have marked the ring.
thanks.IMG_7897.jpeg
Edited ...
andreatax 7.90
· 
You have a light leak, either during the light exposures or during the acquisition of flats. Incidentally, it isn't the corrector that is vignetting it is the secondary that is undersized.
Edited ...
WhooptieDo 9.82
· 
Did you try longer exposures on your flats and bias?   Multiple folks suggested this.    I'm not sure why you needed to create an additional post for the same exact issue.
messierman3000 4.20
· 
The bright circle is the good part, the black is the vignetting and the issue you need to resolve. I see a multi ring pattern in the bright area though, I don't know if that's just the way it looks here on the AB thread, but if it's still there when you stretch it and increase the black point then it's a tough issue to fix. And yes, your flats should remove the vignetting, I think.

(my opinion)

messierman3000

EDIT: If your flats are overexposed, then they wont remove the vignetting. This has happened to me; my flats were totally white (I used a white shirt with a flashlight FYI) and they visibly didn't help when I compared a flat calibrated light master with a non-flat-calibrated light master.
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.