My picture is in the iotd process for 11 days AstroBin Platform open discussions community forum · Andi · ... · 9 · 340 · 2

Anderl 3.81
· 
https://www.astrobin.com/lywe0o/F/

hey guys,

why is it that my picture is in the iotd process for so long? 11 days
3 promotions by submitters, 1 by reviewers, no top pick candidate. 

the new evaluation time for an top pick candidate is 7 days now? 

cs
andi
DalePenkala 15.85
· 
·  1 like
Andi:

hey guys,

cs
andi

Hello Andi,
@Salvatore Iovene had mentioned in the newsletter he sent out that the images are now staying in cue until it’s determined at what level of promotion it gets. I had one of my images in for about that same time.

Dale
Anderl 3.81
· 
·  1 like
Dale Penkala:
Andi:

hey guys,

cs
andi

Hello Andi,
@Salvatore Iovene had mentioned in the newsletter he sent out that the images are now staying in cue until it’s determined at what level of promotion it gets. I had one of my images in for about that same time.

Dale

Ah. Thank you, i have looked at the new rules but missed that. Thought you would still get one promotion after another. 
that means that once you see a picture becoming a top pick it can’t become an iotd anymore?
DalePenkala 15.85
· 
Andi:
Dale Penkala:
Andi:

hey guys,

cs
andi

Hello Andi,

Dale

Ah. Thank you, i have looked at the new rules but missed that. Thought you would still get one promotion after another. 
that means that once you see a picture becoming a top pick it can’t become an iotd anymore?

NoooooI’m not sure you’d have to clarify that with @Salvatore Iovene but I don’t think thats the case….

Dale
SemiPro 7.67
· 
The award only shows on your image once it is finalized. So, if you get a notification that you got a top pick nomination, or a top pick, then that is the highest award that it got in the process and will not progress further. Its a very recent change.

If you are curious how your image is doing while it is active in the system, you can check out your image's stats in the drop down menu and it will tell you how many votes and/or dismissals it has gotten so far.
image.png

Unrelated note, but you guys are getting newsletters? I have those options enabled but I have never received any :l
Edited ...
HegAstro 11.91
· 
These changes have been made to give images a better chance through the IOTD process. 
  • If not enough submitters view and image when it is in the queue, it gets reinserted into the process after 48 hours where it is sent to second set.
  • If it get 3 submitter approvals through the submission process, it goes to the review queue. I don't know how long it stays there, or what happens if enough reviewers do not view the image.
  • Even if 3 submitters select the image, it is not put in the TPN list immediately, i.e., you won't see it in the TPN pages. I expect it is to preserve anonymity and remove bias in the review process - a reviewer cannot identify whose image it is by going to the TPN list of images.
  • If 3 reviewers approve the image, it is a TP, otherwise final status is TPN. In either case, it then becomes visible on the relevant page.
  • Becoming visible on the TP page does not (I think) prevent further promotion to IOTD, since the judges have always had access to imager information.
Gmadkat 4.44
· 
@SemiPro  I got one yesterday titled "[AstroBin] November 2023 update"
DalePenkala 15.85
· 
The award only shows on your image once it is finalized. So, if you get a notification that you got a top pick nomination, or a top pick, then that is the highest award that it got in the process and will not progress further. Its a very recent change.

If you are curious how your image is doing while it is active in the system, you can check out your image's stats in the drop down menu and it will tell you how many votes and/or dismissals it has gotten so far.
image.png

Unrelated note, but you guys are getting newsletters? I have those options enabled but I have never received any :l

Yes I’m getting NL’s from AB. The last newsletter Salvatore stated that he didn’t get a NL out in Sept & Oct. I just got mine about 3 days ago.

Dale
SemiPro 7.67
· 
Very strange, I wonder if something is bugged? It's not in my spam folder either.
DalePenkala 15.85
· 
Very strange, I wonder if something is bugged? It's not in my spam folder either.

I don’t know.

Register or login to create to post a reply.