Question about multiple EAFs/PCs ZWO EAF · Quinn Groessl · ... · 11 · 615 · 3

afd33 4.65
· 
I have been putting together my second setup, and I think (finally) after 6 months I have everything. The last piece of the puzzle being my second EAF.

My question is, if I switch PCs do the EAF's settings stay? Today I set the zero position and max step. I'm thinking about switching which mini PC goes with which set up though. Do I need to redo that, or are the settings stored in the EAF itself? I'd check myself, but I'm away from home for a few days. Thanks!
drpafowler 1.51
· 
·  2 likes
I have had two EAFs attached to one mini-pc.  They come up as EAF1 and EAF2. You have to experiment to figure out which is which.  They do retain their zero settings if disconnected though. If you detach the EAFs from the PC, they can end up getting switched.  Make sure that you experiment to make sure the EAF1 is still labeled EAF1 on the new PC.
FotografiabyMiguel 2.41
· 
·  8 likes
I appreciate the timing of this post,PXL_20231130_004019744.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg I am working on a similar configuration two eaf, my mini PC will be here this weekend.
afd33 4.65
· 
Good looking rig. Mine are on two separate setups. 

Also, thanks Philip, I’ll be sure to keep an eye on that.
fade2black 1.51
· 
Nice setup @Miguel !  Did you design and print that mount for the dual Rokinon lenses?
Vroobel 7.17
· 
·  1 like
Quinn Groessl:
I have been putting together my second setup, and I think (finally) after 6 months I have everything. The last piece of the puzzle being my second EAF.

My question is, if I switch PCs do the EAF's settings stay? Today I set the zero position and max step. I'm thinking about switching which mini PC goes with which set up though. Do I need to redo that, or are the settings stored in the EAF itself? I'd check myself, but I'm away from home for a few days. Thanks!

I use 3 EAFs and one ASIAir Plus, but I also have one manual EAF controller. From my experience, a position changed by the manual controller is recognised and respected by the ASIair Plus, it doesn't matter which EAF I work with. It means that the EAFs have a kind of ID and memory inside.

My another experience with the EAFs and INDI/EKOS (Astroberry) was that the system didn't respect individual IDs and took two EAFs as one - it looked like the setting was stored on the INDI side.

CS,
Martha
Edited ...
KevinDunn 0.00
· 
·  1 like
I have 3 EAFs. The settings are stored on the EAF itself, so when I attach them to different computers, the settings are preserved as one would expect. The ASIAIR labels them all "EAF." To avoid confusion, I usually only plug in one at a time. There really should be a way to attach names to them, but if there is, I haven't found it.
Edited ...
FotografiabyMiguel 2.41
· 
·  2 likes
Paul Cimino:
Nice setup @Miguel !  Did you design and print that mount for the dual Rokinon lenses?

Thank you @Paul Cimino - it is a custom design from this site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TKAstroservice
afd33 4.65
· 
·  2 likes
Kevin Dunn:
The ASIAIR labels them all "EAF." To avoid confusion, I usually only plug in one at a time. There really should be a way to attach names to them, but if there is, I haven't found it.

Thanks for the info. I believe there is a way, at least in the settings which is what made me think of this question. 

If you push edit on the screen in the picture below. I think it only shows when opening the settings though, I’m not too sure. 
IMG_1063.png

Also, thanks @Vroobel! That’s the stuff I wanted to know.
Edited ...
KevinDunn 0.00
· 
Screenshot_20231201_235943_ASIAIR.jpg
My android app does not have the edit button. ASIAIR Plus 2.1(10.74).

Nevermind. The EAF can be renamed in ASIStudio (not the ASIAIR app), but once it is renamed. the ASIAIR app recognizes the new name.
Edited ...
Supro 3.81
· 
Miguel:
Thank you @Paul Cimino - it is a custom design from this site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TKAstroservice

Miguel, I love the rig. Is this normal PLA printed or some variation of carbon fiber printed mounted? I've had a few rings done in carbon fiber by Rouz Astro, but I find myself thinking a lot about a dual or even triple rig and haven't really found anything perfect for a triple mount. (i'm leaning towards a 3x 80PHQ setup with reducers)
FotografiabyMiguel 2.41
· 
Nick Grundy:
Miguel:

Miguel, I love the rig. Is this normal PLA printed or some variation of carbon fiber printed mounted? I've had a few rings done in carbon fiber by Rouz Astro, but I find myself thinking a lot about a dual or even triple rig and haven't really found anything perfect for a triple mount. (i'm leaning towards a 3x 80PHQ setup with reducers)

Hello Nick, I thought of a triple 135mm setup, I am new to AP and I am thinking for now that a tandem 135mm set-up will be a nice experiment. The Materials used is PETG, from this site https://www.etsy.com/shop/TKAstroservice

Register or login to create to post a reply.