What's wrong with my Rasa? Celestron RASA 8" · Abdul Thomas Jnr · ... · 17 · 495 · 0

ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Hi guys. I always leave my whole imaging gear outside the garden but covered up. I got clear skies tonight and went to set up then some water started to drain out through the hole close to where the fan is. After i polar aligned I started taking pictures of my target IC1318 which had a really bad patch on the image. So I had to pack up and bring the telescope inside,realised it's wet inside on the sides. So I dried it up using hair dryer but the piece of clear skies still had condensation on it. So I've put the telescope on it side hoping for it to try overnight. But could there be another reason for my image to be like this? Something I haven't experienced before Screenshot_20231101-203552_Gallery.jpg
andreatax 7.90
· 
·  1 like
Condensation on the sensor. Reduce the cooling temperature until it disappears.

P.S. I mean increase the sensor temperature, not reduce it!
Edited ...
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
andrea tasselli:
Condensation on the sensor. Reduce the cooling temperature until it disappears.

*** Okay thanks. I shoot at -10 degrees.  What do you suggest for the condensation to go away?***
andreatax 7.90
· 
·  1 like
It depends on the outside temperature but I'll go for 0 deg C.
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Okay thank you 😊
birelian 5.49
· 
·  1 like
As other stated, it seems to be condensation.

I had a similar situation because of moisture. In my case it was inside the sensor chamber of an ASI294MC PRO. I fixed it following the ZWO instructions for drying the desiccant. So:

- Before fixing it: I had to very slowly get to the target temperature. (-5c). It took me more than half an hour to get it without condensation.

- After fixing it: No more condensation. Even so, I set NINA be very progressive when cooling/warming the camera. It takes 20 minutes. Condensation never came back.

Guiem.
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Guiem Kimi:

I had a similar situation because of moisture. In my case it was inside the sensor chamber of an ASI294MC PRO. I fixed it following the ZWO instructions for drying the desiccant. So:

- Before fixing it: I had to very slowly get to the target temperature. (-5c). It took me more than half an hour to get it without condensation.

- After fixing it: No more condensation. Even so, I set NINA be very progressive when cooling/warming the camera. It takes 20 minutes. Condensation never came back.

Guiem.

*** So you just set your cooling to -5 and condensation went away?***
birelian 5.49
· 
·  1 like
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
Guiem Kimi:

Guiem.

*** So you just set your cooling to -5 and condensation went away?***

No, sorry. I was getting condensation even at -5c, unless I took a lot of time to get to that temperature. And, even so, sometimes I got condensation, had to stop cooling, warm a couple of degrees, and when the condensation disappeared, resume the cooling process to get to -5c.

This is why I decided to fix it and since then condensation is gone.

I image at -5c but could go lower to, for example, -15c with no condensation. Didn't try lower temperature because at -15c the cooler is working at 80%. I keep it at -5c so the cooler is at about 50%.

And i forgot to say that I started to have condensation inside the chamber because one day I ran off of power and the temperature went from -5c to +25c in a minute. So, taking time to cool and warm the camera is important.

I think native drivers do it themselves. With ASCOM, i configure it in NINA.

Guiem.
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
I use the asiair pro. How do I fix it?
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
And my camera is the zwo 183mc pro
andreatax 7.90
· 
·  1 like
Not sure it works the same but using the ZWO imaging suite you can control the temperature settings. I'd start at 0 degC and check there is no condensation after 5 min and then move on to the next (lower temperature) by 5 degC until you reach your set temperature.
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
andrea tasselli:
Not sure it works the same but using the ZWO imaging suite you can control the temperature settings. I'd start at 0 degC and check there is no condensation after 5 min and then move on to the next (lower temperature) by 5 degC until you reach your set temperature.

*** Sounds good ***
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
andrea tasselli:

*** Sounds good ***

*** Set temperature as in my -10 degrees?***
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
andrea tasselli:

*** Sounds good ***

*** Or the outside temperature?***
andreatax 7.90
· 
·  1 like
Abdul Thomas Jnr:

Yes
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
Abdul Thomas Jnr:
andrea tasselli:

*** Sounds good ***

*** Or the outside temperature?***

*** And the condensation was inside the telescope chamber***
andreatax 7.90
· 
Abdul Thomas Jnr:

That might happen when relative humidity approaches 100%, then it can condense on anything ever slightly lower than the average outside temperature. In these conditions I'll take the scope inside but it very rarely happens.
ChasingClearSkies_ 1.81
· 
andrea tasselli:
Abdul Thomas Jnr:

That might happen when relative humidity approaches 100%, then it can condense on anything ever slightly lower than the average outside temperature. In these conditions I'll take the scope inside but it very rarely happens.

*** Yeah I did take it inside and it's all dry now***

Register or login to create to post a reply.