Edge 8 dew heater ring? Celestron EdgeHD 8" · Sean Mc · ... · 2 · 120 · 0

smcx 2.71
· 
Does anyone use the celestron dew heater ring plugged directly into an asiair plus?  I’m wondering if having the heater on full blast all the time is a good idea and if maybe I should wire a 3 way switch inline like the one on svbony 12v dew heaters. 

thx in advance!
aabosarah 7.12
· 
·  1 like
Sean Mc:
Does anyone use the celestron dew heater ring plugged directly into an asiair plus?  I’m wondering if having the heater on full blast all the time is a good idea and if maybe I should wire a 3 way switch inline like the one on svbony 12v dew heaters. 

thx in advance!

It is not a good idea at all to have it on full blast. It will cause numerous issues with dew heater ring heat plumes that will cause you issues with achieving proper focus and poor looking stars. Those dew heater rings were designed with the Celestron Dew heater controller in mind, that constantly measures the levels of humidity and temperature and powers it just enough to keep the corrector plate from dewing over. So you essentially need to keep your corrector plate temperature slightly above the dew point temperature, and nothing more. 

I have my dew heater ring on the C11 connected to the ASIair. I try to estimate what I need but I never have my dew heater ring powered at more than 50%. With a C8 you probably should not need more than 30-40% because the corrector plate area is much smaller.

I am not familiar with the svbony 12v dew heater so can't comment on that.
smcx 2.71
· 
·  1 like
Can you adjust amperage with the asiair? Or is it the voltage?

nevermind, found the info. You can set power levels directly
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.