Info Cmos QHY 174M cooled QHYCCD QHY174M · Salogni Alberto · ... · 7 · 233 · 1

albelore 0.00
· 
Good morning everyone. Sorry for my strange English but I use an automatic translator (I'm Italian). I haven't had the camera in question for a long time and I was looking for someone who has or had it to ask for some info on the gain and offset of the Qhy 174M. I see that there are 36 users who have it or have used it. Regarding the gain, I seem to have understood from whoever sold it to me that an ideal value is 143. Regarding the offset, however, I have no idea. I was thinking of a value of 20 or maybe 50 but I'm not sure. In short, as you may have understood, I'm not very familiar with gain and offset....thanks to anyone who can help me.
brujo 0.00
· 
Ciao.
Ho ricevuto un messaggio da astrobin che c'e' un post riguardante questa camera.
E vedo che sei tu.
Allora se vai sul settup del driver vedrai che ci sono dei settaggi preimpostati e c'e' una voce 'deep sky', 'DS' o qualcosa di simile.
Io ho scelto questa. 
Credo che i valori sono 143 e 50
la memoria a volte ritorna:-)
bflachsbart 0.00
· 
I'm using the QHY174M (uncooled version) as a guide cam, but it's basically the same camera.
A good starting point for the gain setting is the so called "Unity Gain", which is the point where 1 electron equals 1 ADU.
According to the charts QHYCCD published in the cameras specs, unity gain is somwhere about 175 gain value.

I can't say what a reasonable offset setting for this camra would be, because for my usage as a guide cam I set the offet to 0.
For my QHY294C and QHY294M I'm always using an offset of 16 which works well for me.
Your value of 50 sounds pretty high, but I don't know though if the 294 and 174 are comparable regarding the offset values.

Bernd
albelore 0.00
· 
Igor Korenika:
Ciao.
Ho ricevuto un messaggio da astrobin che c'e' un post riguardante questa camera.
E vedo che sei tu.
Allora se vai sul settup del driver vedrai che ci sono dei settaggi preimpostati e c'e' una voce 'deep sky', 'DS' o qualcosa di simile.
Io ho scelto questa. 
Credo che i valori sono 143 e 50
la memoria a volte ritorna:-)

Ciao Igor. Piacere di risentirti. Il Gain mi ricordavo mi avevi detto fosse 143. Riguardo l'offset non sono molto pratico (perdona) ma ammetto che quando dici "se vai sul settup del driver" non capisco neanche dove dovrei guardare. So che riguarda Ascom ma non ci ho capito molto. Ad ogni modo ci proverò e comunque imposto 50 come dici tu. Grazie.
albelore 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Bernd Flachsbart:
I'm using the QHY174M (uncooled version) as a guide cam, but it's basically the same camera.
A good starting point for the gain setting is the so called "Unity Gain", which is the point where 1 electron equals 1 ADU.
According to the charts QHYCCD published in the cameras specs, unity gain is somwhere about 175 gain value.

I can't say what a reasonable offset setting for this camra would be, because for my usage as a guide cam I set the offet to 0.
For my QHY294C and QHY294M I'm always using an offset of 16 which works well for me.
Your value of 50 sounds pretty high, but I don't know though if the 294 and 174 are comparable regarding the offset values.

Bernd

I will try to look at the values ​​of the uncooled version if they correspond to those of mine which is indeed cooled. Thank you.
albelore 0.00
· 
Grazie Igor e grazie Berndt. Ora devo solo capire se sia meglio 143 o 175 di gain. Offset al momento allora uso 50 anche se vorrei capire anche guardando (quando capirò dove guardare) il settup del driver come dice Igor. Vengo da un unica esperienza con la Canon 700d modificata full spectrum e di camere cmos raffreddate non ci capisco ancora molto.
brujo 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Ciao.
Quando scegli la camera in Ascom, fai questi passi . Per deep sky  gain = 144 offset = 153
2023-09-18_162015.png
ALE72 0.00
· 
Ciao sul sito QHYccd ti spiega cosa fare per trovare l' OFFSET rispetto al GAIN che si andra' a scegliere.  La QHY174M di base dovrebbe avere GAIN 17 (unit-gain) e OFFSET 110.

Register or login to create to post a reply.