Where is the Lion in the Lion Nebula? Other · Marc Monarcha · ... · 14 · 513 · 7

monarcha 1.51
· 
·  1 like
Where
FrancoisT 3.91
· 
·  3 likes
You have to show a little imagination.
SH2-132 Lion Nebula.

image.png
Bobinius 9.90
· 
·  3 likes
 Not at all. That's the T Rex nebula.

Actually the Lion is visible in this widefield image. The mane and the head is represented by the orange/red part , the legs are in the lower blue part and you can see the tail in the back.
Danny_Astro 2.86
· 
·  6 likes
Marc Monarcha:
Where

Not my image, just my artistic interpretation 

eGwHnIo1qCWz_2560x0_l4-d76ke~2.jpg
mxpwr 4.37
· 
·  1 like
School's out nebula if you ask me

474e930b-248e-4ec0-bba6-368b5c844377~2.png
Edited ...
janvalphotography 4.36
· 
·  2 likes
I actually found the lion fairly obvious, but with enough exposure to reveal fainter structures it might become a bit more fuzzy. I mostly got the head and one of the feet with my setup though. 

https://www.astrobin.com/q9lhuk/B/
monarcha 1.51
· 
·  1 like
Danny Lee:
Marc Monarcha:
Where

Not my image, just my artistic interpretation 

eGwHnIo1qCWz_2560x0_l4-d76ke~2.jpg

Looks more like a mammalian rooster 🤣
monarcha 1.51
· 
D. Jung:
School's out nebula if you ask me

474e930b-248e-4ec0-bba6-368b5c844377~2.png

With a moustache, great.
bennyc 8.42
· 
·  2 likes
Remember who you are
image.png
messierman3000 4.20
· 
·  1 like
Another one: Where is the wizard in the Wizard nebula? I'm guessing he's inside the gas clouds and you can't see him. Maybe it was his own gas...
JohnERush 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Another one: Where is the wizard in the Wizard nebula? I'm guessing he's inside the gas clouds and you can't see him. Maybe it was his own gas...

Like the lion they are both easy to see. The wizard has a pointed hat and you can see his two hands out in front.Wizzard.jpg
Danny_Astro 2.86
· 

Ah yes, admittedly I struggled with that one to start with but once you've seen it you cant unsee it. 

Imagine a wizard side-on, with a pointy hat and his arms out in front of him as if he's about to hug someone. At least that's what I see 

There is also a conveniently placed star which looks like his eye.
messierman3000 4.20
· 
·  1 like
Nah, can't see it. It resembles a kidney more than a wizard.

The Firefox nebula has a very close resemblance to the real thing Image of comparison

EDIT: I see the eye of the wizard now, still, he doesn't have legs. Or maybe his legs are so short they hide in his cloak?
Edited ...
janvalphotography 4.36
· 
Danny Lee:

Ah yes, admittedly I struggled with that one to start with but once you've seen it you cant unsee it. 

Imagine a wizard side-on, with a pointy hat and his arms out in front of him as if he's about to hug someone. At least that's what I see 

There is also a conveniently placed star which looks like his eye.

I agree, this one also comes quite apparent when you first see it. A bit of a gotcha moment when I was processing my first shot at it.
JohnERush 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Nah, can't see it. It resembles a kidney more than a wizard.

The Firefox nebula has a very close resemblance to the real thing Image of comparison

EDIT: I see the eye of the wizard now, still, he doesn't have legs. Or maybe his legs are so short they hide in his cloak?

That’s because he doesn’t have any

Register or login to create to post a reply.