Unable to platesolve my images on Astrobin - recent week AstroBin Platform open discussions community forum · David Zimák · ... · 4 · 118 · 1

Daveone 2.41
· 
·  1 like
Hello,

anyone else here is getting this message from Astrobin page during platesolving ?  I started to see this problem recent week...before was everything just fine.
By the way I´m not the only one who is getting this messege as I know.

Maybe Mr.Lovene can explain or help.

,,AstroBin could not plate-solve this image because nova.astrometry.net reported an internal server error. Please try again later!,,

Thanks
David
Edited ...
siovene
· 
·  2 likes
Hello,

nova.astrometry.net, whose API AstroBin uses to perform the blind plate-solving, is currently experiencing some issues.

I'm in contact with Dustin Lang, who manages it, to get this solved as soon as possible.

Once the problem is solved, images will automatically plate-solve the first time they are visited by anyone.

More details directly from Dustin here:
https://groups.google.com/g/astrometry/c/EyRNvQbiJok

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!
Salvatore
DarkStar 18.93
· 
·  1 like
Hi Salvatore,

what makes it very tedious is, that the popup covers important buttons. I would appreciate to place it somewhere else. If you browse through dozens of images, you always have to close it. Especially on mobile devices it gets even more problematic because more area is covered. You even cannot like an image.
Thank you!

CS
Rüdiger
image.png
Edited ...
siovene
· 
·  4 likes
Ruediger:
what makes it very tedious is, that the popup covers important buttons. I would appreciate to place it somewhere else. If you browse through dozens of images, you always have to close it. Especially on mobile devices it gets even more problematic because more area is covered. You even cannot like an image.
Thank you!

Solved by not showing the error notification pop-up at all if it's not your image.
DarkStar 18.93
· 
·  1 like
Salvatore Iovene:
Ruediger:
Thank you!

Solved by not showing the error notification pop-up at all if it's not your image.

Many thanks!

Register or login to create to post a reply.