Anyone here? Milky Way, Nightscapes and Widefields (CMOS) · Edith · ... · 8 · 79 · 5

azhoneybee 1.51
· 
·  1 like
I was excited to find this group, but the last post was two years ago. Yikes! Anyways, hi. New to astrobin and I made a post. More to come.
naztronomy 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Welcome! From my experience, the forums on astrobin aren't very active.
dogaard 1.43
· 
·  1 like
Edith, I was out in the badlands a couple of nights ago and I took this one. Ii's not all that good, and has some obvious flaws ... but still, strangely compelling.

I'm pretty new here myself, and I've got a lot to learn. But I do think I picked up on some "lessons learned" from this pic and hope to do better if I can get out again before the cold weather sets in! 

FinalView.jpg
azhoneybee 1.51
· 
Don Ogaard:
Edith, I was out in the badlands a couple of nights ago and I took this one. Ii's not all that good, and has some obvious flaws ... but still, strangely compelling.

I'm pretty new here myself, and I've got a lot to learn. But I do think I picked up on some "lessons learned" from this pic and hope to do better if I can get out again before the cold weather sets in! 

FinalView.jpg

Hi Don,

I like it! I would never say a photo is not good, it is what you captured and you gotta love it. yes, every photo is a lesson learn. How else would we get better?
dogaard 1.43
· 
·  1 like
Thanks, Edith!

So, looks like there will be a clear night again in a couple of days, so I'll give it another try. And take the camera off autofocus (dammit!), aim at the metafocal, see if I can put the galactic center a little closer to the middle of the pic. Also, put the light-painting lantern a bit lower on the butte. Wish me luck!

(Glad you posted here, BTW.  My main interest is nightscapes/landscape-astro, so I would like to see this forum become more active.)
Hector_au 2.11
· 
·  1 like
Hi All

This is one of my favorite types of shots. I enjoy shooting with the telescope but standing out with the sky and just the camera and tripod is addictive. Welcome to Astrobin, please share your work.  This is a shot from a recent observing week in Coonabarabran. the scope is my 25" Obsession. DSC_3416 copy.jpg
azhoneybee 1.51
· 
Andrew Murrell:
Hi All

This is one of my favorite types of shots. I enjoy shooting with the telescope but standing out with the sky and just the camera and tripod is addictive. Welcome to Astrobin, please share your work.  This is a shot from a recent observing week in Coonabarabran. the scope is my 25" Obsession. DSC_3416 copy.jpg

That’s so good! I’m in the northern hemisphere so looking how it appears in the souther hemisphere it’s mind blowing! 😬 one day I’ll take a trip down under and photograph it! And yes, to me being outside by myself with the stars is the best therapy!
azhoneybee 1.51
· 
·  1 like
7FB6EB7D-6751-4B9B-84CA-494EB7A7598B.jpeg

speaking on deserts, this was a fun night in souther Arizona. I tracked the sky (something I’m always too lazy to do  and blended with this old abandoned train station.
dogaard 1.43
· 
·  1 like
Edith, Andrew: Those are wonderful images, thank you for sharing them. They inspire me to do better.

If the weather forecast is right, looks like Tuesday will be a clear night.

Register or login to create to post a reply.