Sharpless catalogue objects in the astrometry software AstroBin Platform open discussions community forum · framoro · ... · 6 · 164 · 1

framoro 6.68
· 
·  1 like
I have noticed that the objects of the Sharpless catalogue are not recognized from the astrometry software in Astrobin. Is there a reason for this? Shouldn't also these objects be implemented?
Thanks in advance.
Francesco
Edited ...
udeuterm
· 
·  3 likes
There is an option for Sharpless under Edit/Advanced Plate Solve Setting. If you turn this on you will get them annotated (tried it with one of my images and it shows up).
Starman609 6.45
· 
·  1 like
Uwe Deutermann:
There is an option for Sharpless under Edit/Advanced Plate Solve Setting. If you turn this on you will get them annotated (tried it with one of my images and it shows up).

This would be a nice feature to have as I like to collect from the Sharpless Catalogue as well, but I could not find this option under Edit/Plate Solve Settings. Maybe it is reserved for Ultimate Plans as I only have the Premium Plan. 

Eddie
udeuterm
· 
·  2 likes
Uwe Deutermann:

This would be a nice feature to have as I like to collect from the Sharpless Catalogue as well, but I could not find this option under Edit/Plate Solve Settings. Maybe it is reserved for Ultimate Plans as I only have the Premium Plan. 

Eddie

Ahhhh yes, I think that this is the case, good catch Eddie!image.png
framoro 6.68
· 
·  1 like
Thanks to all those who participated in the question.
I understand the idea behind different, increasing, benefits associated with increasing plans. However it's a pity that this feature is not available for other, paying, plans...
siovene
· 
·  1 like
I understand the idea behind different, increasing, benefits associated with increasing plans. However it's a pity that this feature is not available for other, paying, plans...

To be honest, I agree very much with you. Of course there is a business reasons behind multiple plans each with increasing features, but, quite frankly, I don't like the idea of dividing the community this way, with some features available to some and not others.

Of course this is extremely common as a practice, and almost every business that offers online services does this.

I would love to just offer one plan with all the features, and give it a price that is the average subscriber spending (so lower than Ultimate).

However, while this might make AstroBin cheaper for many, it will make it more expensive for those on Lite.

I've always wanted to kill Lite, because I don't like the limit on the number of images, and this would be a pretext: just one plan with a price close to that of Premium.

However it's a risky move: AstroBin might make less money, and lots of people might be unhappy about it.
Edited ...
DarkStar 18.93
· 
·  1 like
Hi Salvatore,

I share your opinion to keep the features identical among the Abo levels. And light might be really not be required. Since we we do not know, how the Abos are distributed, it is hard to assess the risk. But clubbing together and make mix-calculation might be a good idea. 

CS
Rüdiger

Register or login to create to post a reply.