Best Way to record the Eclipse? [Solar System] Acquisition techniques · AstroRBA · ... · 2 · 268 · 0

AstroRBA 1.51
· 
·  1 like
Good Day All; 

I am lucky enough to be able to get a great spot in southern Ontario for the April 8'th eclipse - I'll be carting my Esprit 100 portable rig with an AVX mount and ASI 2600 MC camera (and a solar filter of course!)

I wouldn't mind a live recording; any suggestions as to how I should approach this?

Thanks!

Pete
Alien_Enthusiast 2.11
· 
·  2 likes
Good Day All; 

I am lucky enough to be able to get a great spot in southern Ontario for the April 8'th eclipse - I'll be carting my Esprit 100 portable rig with an AVX mount and ASI 2600 MC camera (and a solar filter of course!)

I wouldn't mind a live recording; any suggestions as to how I should approach this?

Thanks!

Pete

How do you feel about the forecast? Seems as if Quebec would be a better option. Or maybe the US will save us, in case Niagara is covered.
smcx 2.71
· 
·  1 like
Yeah forecast is looking pretty bad

well… here’s my plan if the clouds break. 

i’m going to shoot with the solar filter on leading up to totality, but once totality hits, thr filter comes off and I’m going to do maybe 10 shots each at varying shutter speeds to get a wide dynamic range in lum. I want to get max range for the corona, but also see if i can capture some earthshine. Then do it for rgb (mono cam unfortunately). 

then i’m going to try some Ha if I have time left. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Edited ...

Register or login to create to post a reply.