Fornax Lightrack ii and polar scope collimation Fornax LighTrack II · Matej Mlakar · ... · 3 · 179 · 0

mlakarm18 0.00
· 
Hello, so I own a Fornax Lightrack ii and Sky Watcher polar scope. To collimate original Fornax polar scope, you basicly pick a target in the distance, center it, swing polar scope arm around for 180 degrees and make a change for 50% of the difference, like shown here: https://youtu.be/9II-wq59EQY?t=290

If I do that collimation and if I rotate only the polar scope in place (not the arm), then the cross wobbles around the target, so the cross inside the scope is not on the target all the time and this is a bit confusing to me. Shouldnt be cross perfectly centered on a target if I rotate only the scope itself and if I swing the arm 180 degrees? I am worried I will be way off target when I will want to rotate the scope to a correct position to use it combination with a PS Align Pro app.
David_M 0.90
· 
·  1 like
Hi Matej,

The polar scope have to be first collimated on its own axis (their are little screws to adjust the reticle position).
Then you need to collimate the polar scope with the arm of the Lightrack at different positions by playing with the retaining screws, depending of the mounting parts you have.
At least it's how I did it when I had my Lightrack ;-)

David
mlakarm18 0.00
· 
David:
Hi Matej,

The polar scope have to be first collimated on its own axis (their are little screws to adjust the reticle position).
Then you need to collimate the polar scope with the arm of the Lightrack at different positions by playing with the retaining screws, depending of the mounting parts you have.
At least it's how I did it when I had my Lightrack ;-)

David

Hey, David. Thank you for your answer. In that case it looks like I will have to buy an adapter for my polar scope, because now I can collimate only the polar scope, based on what you wrote, so I can either collimate the scope on its own axis or collimate the scope for different arm positions. Thanks again as your reply just made things more clear.
David_M 0.90
· 
To collimate the scope on the arm axis I have used pieces of tape ;-). But of course their are many mounting with screws that make the collimation much easier.

Register or login to create to post a reply.