How to force NINA to count files starting from 0001 ? N.I.N.A. Users · Vroobel · ... · 8 · 181 · 3

Vroobel 7.17
· 
As it's in the subject, my file numbers start from 0000, while I'd like them to start from 0001 (like in an ASIAir). I've tried a 'Starting Sequence Number' but it doesn't work, whatever I type there, the NINA starts numbers from 0000 anyway. I use templates, so the NINA starts them from 0000 like usual, but if I work with saved sequences, then the numbers continue, like from a previous session and it's impossible to reset them.

Did anyone solve it?

C.S.
Martha
Linwood 5.76
· 
I am not a developer of NINA, if you want them to change it, you may want to try their discord channel.

I am not where I can try right now, but if you reset a saved sequence (circle arrow at the top of the very top of the sequence) it might reset the count, not sure.

I suspect you are going to get a reaction of "who cares what the numbers are".  Since people cull during the sequence as well as afterwards, and (usually) everything has a date/time, I am not sure why the sequence matters, I have used NINA for years and just don't pay any attention to them. 

There are a LOT of plugins now, it's possible someone has one that does this, but a brief look I did not see any. 

But if you want the behavior changed and can make a good use case for their efforts, the developers are over on discord.
Linwood 5.76
· 
·  1 like
I am told if you are on V2.x there should be a plugin called Starting Sequence that may do what you want.  I cannot see it because I'm running V3.0.  Whether or not the author plans to migrate to 3 I have no idea, so it may or may not be worth using.
Edited ...
bendgrampie 0.00
· 
So you're saying you used the Starting Sequence Number plugin?  If so, can you post a screenshot showing how you're using it?
Vroobel 7.17
· 
image.png
image.png

Thank you for your replies.
This is how I understand the "start of a container where there are (...) SmartExposure instructions.". The value is "0" like always after dragging the template. I think I cannot place it just above the SmartExposure commands, because it will be performed plenty of times in a loop.
Edited ...
Linwood 5.76
· 
Sorry, I can't see that plugin due to the older version, never used it.  And I apologize after it was mentioned to me I didn't connect the dots to your having said you already tried it.

I am curious how it knows which sequence to reset, since (at least in 3 not sure on 2?) there is a separate sequence number by filter.  Does it reset them all? 

Sorry I can't help, good luck.
Vroobel 7.17
· 
Good question. I'll try to separate them somehow and will inform you.
bendgrampie 0.00
· 
Move the instruction to right above the Smart Exposure instructions and see if that helps.
Vroobel 7.17
· 
image.png

It cannot be simpler, but doesn't work as well. 

I agree with you @Linwood Ferguson, it's not worth my precious time, I can live with numbers like 0000-0059. Maybe I'll find a solution in future.

Thank you, guys, for your time and help.

C.S.
Martha

Register or login to create to post a reply.