starter filters Broadband under Bortle 7/8/9 · Julien Cheung · ... · 2 · 80 · 0

cheesyminecart 0.90
· 
Hi guys, I'm very, very new to this, been through the hazing that is the mess of terms being thrown at me by various websites. Since I live in a Bortle 9 area (downtown Hong Kong) I've been struggling to resolve anything as I've only been able to see red, hence my urgent need for any sort of filters that will work. What are some good clip-in filters I can use for just single frame shots? 

I can afford to stay up until 2-3 in the morning during weekends. I'm taking baby steps at the moment - no motor for the time being, though owning one is a long-term goal of mine. Treat me as having an unlimited budget, I'd love to compile ideas!
TareqPhoto 2.94
· 
·  1 like
Narrowbanding filter, mainly start with Ha one, and i recommend something like 3nm or 5nm one, i started with Astrodon Ha 5nm and never regret it, i couldn't afford 3nm that time also it is a size of 1.25" as i couldn't afford larger also, now some brands such as Antlia and Optolong also making this Ha 3nm filters at lower prices even for bigger sizes filters.

Later you can add something like L-Pro filter if you have a color astro camera.
Christian_Hilbert 0.00
· 
·  1 like
You should try narrowband filter. It is almost imposible use RGB filters under Bortle 8 and up skies. 
I recommend 3 nm filter. Astrodon and Chroma are the best. Antlia filters are cheapper, and have good results. But for the OIII filter I suggest go for the best one.

Register or login to create to post a reply.