ASIAIR plus 2.1.2, firmware 11.01 wifi range vey low ZWO ASIair Plus · Eric Gagne · ... · 11 · 299 · 0

EricGagne 1.51
· 
I have been having issues with wifi since I took the update.  It works perfectly when I am outside near it but when I get inside I get transfer rates below 100kb and regular disconnections.  It was never fast for me inside because my house has vapor barriers with a layer of aluminum but it was not that bad.

i never had issues checking the images as they are taken from my couch before.   Now a 3 minutes shot can take more than that to download.

Has anyone else experienced wifi issues with this version ?
Edited ...
donsinger 0.00
· 
Nope

Try rebooting your internet
Corcaroli 0.00
· 
Windows absorb a lot of signal.
My setup is about 40 meters from the house, so I leave my tablet outside, against a window, so that I can check it from inside. It works rather well.

Philippe
astromanu 0.00
· 
·  2 likes
I have had similar issues with my ASIair Pro at the very beginning with it 3 years ago. Ever since I changed the ASI-WIFI-configuration to "Station Mode" and implemented an additional unexpensive extender (im my case a TP-Link RE205) I 've got no problems with the transfer rate anymore regardless of the firmware version.
The transfer rate which I use to have is between 3Mbit/s and 7 Mbit/s at a distance of about 10 meters from my telescope outside to my Ipad  in the living room.
To make it even more stable I also use a LAN-cable from my ASIairPro to the extender connected to it.

CS Emanuel
jarvimf12020 0.90
· 
I have the ASIAIR+ and have had similar issues as Emanuel Bierdel.  I now use it in station mode with a wifi extender about 10 meters from my setup.  All works well with no dropouts.
JTSAN 0.00
· 
I have never had good Wifi coveraage with the ASI Air Plus. And, lI nver had any luck getting Station Mode to work reliably.  I solved this issue by adding a wifi extender right at my tripod, replacing the Air antenna with a terminator and addingt a wifi cable from the extender to the Air.  Now, I can sit at my desk (100 feet away from rig) and access the air and do everything but a PA.
astroturkey 0.00
· 
·  1 like
This quick and cheap swap helped my range. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XFZB62D?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I have an Access Point setup in my field (ethernet cable ran from house to AP) and then the wifi carries the last 125 feet or so. No problems.
jarvimf12020 0.90
· 
·  1 like
Thanks for the link.  Certainly worth a try.
tboyd1802 3.34
· 
·  2 likes
I don't use station mode. But, I hardwire my ASIAir to a portable travel router, attach the router to the tripod, and connect wirelessly to the router. No need to remove the antenna from the Air. Has worked flawlessly. The router I use is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5RCZQH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
smcx 2.71
· 
How about making a cantenna?
astroturkey 0.00
· 
Tom Boyd:
I don't use station mode. But, I hardwire my ASIAir to a portable travel router, attach the router to the tripod, and connect wirelessly to the router. No need to remove the antenna from the Air. Has worked flawlessly. The router I use is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5RCZQH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

What transfer speeds are you seeing reported?
tboyd1802 3.34
· 
·  1 like
Tom Boyd:

What transfer speeds are you seeing reported?

I'll have to take note of that next time I'm up and running. Qualitatively, it takes 2-3 seconds to upload each shot from my 2600mc to my iPad...

Register or login to create to post a reply.