ASI 533 MC Pro Uv/ IR cut ZWO ASI533MC Pro · Peter Sellen · ... · 2 · 105 · 0

cosmic_time_traveller 0.00
· 
I would appreciate any feedback regarding the use of a UV/ IR cut filter on an ASI 533 MC Pro camera. If I add a  Baader UV/IR cut filter as 'semi-permanent' screw-on to camera does this equate to the 2600MC out of the box? The screw in filter does not affect the back focus train so I can still use the filter draw to easily change filters in the train ie adding either the L Pro (for Light Pollution) or L Ultimate 9 (for NB). This would then be similar to using these filters with a 2600MC. My question is should I remove the screw in UV/ IR cut when adding these filters on the 533MC Pro. This would also add complexity in using the camera in the field and the additional calibration files etc. It would all be much easier if I could leave the UV/ IR cut filter in place. The bad weather this winter has prevented any objective testing so would appreciate if anyone has advice or experience on this matter. Thank you.
andreatax 7.50
· 
Apart from the small light loss incurred there is no downside to have it permanently installed so, yes, you can keep it.
cosmic_time_traveller 0.00
· 
Thank you - reassured.

Register or login to create to post a reply.