Ts Optics (or rebranded) maxfield 0.95 coma corrector TS-Optics TSKomaKorr · Dave B · ... · 9 · 543 · 2

dave1968 2.81
· 
Hi is anyone using the Ts optics maxfield 0.95 corrector often rebranded Altair etc with an F5 8” Newtonian if so how do you find it and have you seen any reflections in your images caused by this corrector? 
https://www.firstlightoptics.com/coma-correctors/ts-95x-maxfield-coma-corrector.html

Dave
mxpwr 4.37
· 
·  1 like
I'm using the TS version with my 6 inch F4 and am quite happy with it. It has some vignetting but easy to correct with flats. Correction of stars is really good (have used with with APSC size and smaller).
I haven't had any problems with reflections at all (only with cheap filters).
Can you find a better CC? Sure. Can you find worse ones, most definitely.
dave1968 2.81
· 
D. Jung:
I'm using the TS version with my 6 inch F4 and am quite happy with it. It has some vignetting but easy to correct with flats. Correction of stars is really good (have used with with APSC size and smaller).

Thanks  I found one comment where they had a reflection near bright stars with an F4 scope just wondering if anyone had come across this with their setup especially F5 (skywatcher 200pds).
wittinobi 0.90
· 
·  1 like
Dave B:
D. Jung:

Thanks  I found one comment where they had a reflection near bright stars with an F4 scope just wondering if anyone had come across this with their setup especially F5 (skywatcher 200pds).

Hallo Dave,
I have the "TS Maxfield 0,95x" in use with a SkyWatcher 130PDS and I have Reflections at some brighter stars.
I can see these Reflections on Pictures from D. Jung, too.
But I have not yet found a Comecorrector without this Issue.
With "GPU Comcorrector" you can find Threads with Reflection Issues, too.
dave1968 2.81
· 
Dave B:
D. Jung:

Hallo Dave,
I have the "TS Maxfield 0,95x" in use with a SkyWatcher 130PDS and I have Reflections at some brighter stars.
I can see these Reflections on Pictures from D. Jung, too.
But I have not yet found a Comecorrector without this Issue.
With "GPU Comcorrector" you can find Threads with Reflection Issues, too.

Thanks for that i was hoping it would be better than the baader mk3 cc
nonfacciofoto 0.00
· 
Talking about reflections...
This is what i get with 0.95x coma corrector on Quattro 200p.
I didn't noticed the reflections untill was too late .
starry2 copy.jpg
mxpwr 4.37
· 
That's not a reflection, that's a disaster 🤯
nonfacciofoto 0.00
· 
D. Jung:
That's not a reflection, that's a disaster 🤯

I think the culprit is this star outside the FOVImmagine WhatsApp 2024-05-06 ore 15.12.39_314db06c.jpg
messierman3000 4.02
· 
Hi, I have the Sharpstar 0.95x (i.e the Maxfield)

It works very good for the most part

But, one time, (and this is strange, because it was only one time), I got that rainbow in the corner of my frame

it happened with my M63 image; it was nowhere near the galaxy, so I could just clone stamp it out of Starless, which was easy

but 90/95 percent of the time, it works completely fine; just remember to take flats, it helps a lot

and close any light leaks
Edited ...
messierman3000 4.02
· 
SORRY

forgot to add a very important detail

I'm using a 533 sensor!

Can't believe I forgot to add that.

Probably most coma correctors work fine with that sort of sensor size.

Register or login to create to post a reply.