lcg vs hcg for narrowband imaging ToupTek ATR3 CMOS 26000 KMA · Andi · ... · 2 · 166 · 0

Anderl 3.81
· 
Hello fellow astro friends, 

i am a new owner of an touptek 2600kma (imx571 mono) and searching for some tips to get the most out of it. 

If i am reading the sensor measurements right the only two useful modes to use are gain 100 lcg and maybe gain 100 together with hcg. 

I am plan on using the lcg for my luminance and rgb imaging, coming from an imx571 color i will probably just use the same exposure time for rgb and maybe a bit shorter for the luminance filter.

the thing i am unsure about is narrowband imaging. I will use 4.5 nm antlia filters. 
can or should i still use the lcg mode with the exposure time i used for my 3nm duo narrowband on osc or do i gain something by using hcg with shorter exposures?

cs
Andi
WhooptieDo 9.24
· 
·  1 like
I run both a QHY and OGMA IMX571.   Both cameras stay in high gain mode 24/7.   YMMV.   I feel like folks try to make a science out of it, but I prefer to keep it simple.    I've had zero issues with running this route.
Pistachio_Enjoyer 2.15
· 
·  1 like
Risingcam IMX 571 mono owner here, I always image at HCG mode, with ultra mode enabled. I may experiment with LCG mode for HDR targets (i.e. Orion Nebula), but I have yet to see.

Register or login to create to post a reply.