Setting up the E160-ED for Full Frame Imaging Takahashi Epsilon-160ED · Bill Long - Dark Matters Astrophotography · ... · 1402 · 49454 · 334

Overcast_Observatory 20.43
· 
·  1 like
Josh Jones:
That looks ok, I would just account for that 5mm or so... the EAT takes up 4mm of physical spacing, but just back it out 1mm for extra room to move around. It can move in that way a little and out about 2mm. The range is about 2-3mm in there. It's more for fine tuning backfocus, not for making up spacer kind of depths.

Backspace testing with the EAT was really cool.  I dialed out tilt, and then tested spacing at 0.05mm increments.
Rouzbeh 8.40
· 
·  2 likes
Added some lightweight dew shields for the Epsilons E130, E160, and E180:

Painted flat black interior.

20lb Load.jpgE130 DS Grams.jpgE130 DS2.jpg
Rouzbeh 8.40
· 
·  2 likes
And the new version of the lightweight tube rings:

Telescope Tube Rings.jpg
Rouz Astro E160 kit.jpg
rafaelss123 1.20
· 
Hi everyone, 

I’m planning to use Optec Leo, with a ZWO Square filter EFW (16mm), along with a OAG L-68 (17.5+5mm) , an ASG tilt cage  (3mm bottomed), and a ZWO ASI6200mm (12.5mm) . Tested it (Optec not installed in the Tak yet) , and needed the help of a Pegasus Astro m68 -m54 adapter (1.4mm) to avoid OAG hitting the Leo. The total length of this solution is 55.4mm . Considering I am using a Chroma Filter of 3mm thickness, I need 57.2mm of backfocus on the Tak e-160ed, so I got 1.8mm left for tit and backfocus fine adjustments.

So, this solution sounds good to you? The fact that I did the testing without actually installing the Leo in the Tak, could bring any issue? (See pictures). Any advice?

IMG_7848.jpegIMG_7850.jpeg
Edited ...
· 
·  3 likes
Rouz Astro:

20lb Load.jpgE130 DS Grams.jpgE130 DS2.jpg

Nice work rouz!  Looks awesome!
Rouzbeh 8.40
· 
Chris White- Overcast Observatory:
Rouz Astro:

Nice work rouz!  Looks awesome!

--------------------------

Thanks Chris, glad you like it.

I see you have been doing some great work on the Epsilons. Looking forward to seeing your progress too!

Rouz
· 
·  3 likes
I've got a solid prototype of the Dew Shield with Dust/Light cover.  I ended up changing materials because PCCF was britle with thin large walls. This one is made out of PETG-CF and I'm really happy with how it came out.  The PETG is more flexible than PC but the CF keeps it strong and gives it a nice finish. I twisted one the dewshield panels really hard and it didnt break.

This version weighs 2 lbs 4.5oz (1035g).  Everything balanced easily.  I need to fully test the light tightness of it, but i did a a quick test by pointing it at my open door and taking a 60s shot with a lum filter.  Mean ADU was 812.  I then closed up the observatory so it was dark and took a 60s shot with an Sii filter. Mean ADU was 809.

I'm using an OPTEC board and motor.

Very excited to trick this scope out for a remote deployment!  Just waiting for the Hercules and the production model of the EAT. 

Here is a short video:  https://youtu.be/FrYfweOapHk

20240414_180231.jpg

20240414_175822.jpg

20240414_182207.jpg
carted2 3.58
· 
·  1 like
Looks fantastic @Chris White- Overcast Observatory !
mzaslove 2.41
· 
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Some ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooother word meaning "nice" and "sweet"!

Quick off-topic question: how'd you attach your Focus Lynx box? Solid or velcro? Thanks.
· 
·  1 like
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Some ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooother word meaning "nice" and "sweet"!

Quick off-topic question: how'd you attach your Focus Lynx box? Solid or velcro? Thanks.

lol...

I made this to attached my UPBV2, Lynx, and EAT controller...

20240305_201412.jpg
mzaslove 2.41
· 
·  1 like
Cool! Thanks for letting me know.
dunk 1.81
· 
What OAG is that?
· 
Dunk:
What OAG is that?

Pegasus.  I made an upgraded camer holder with focuser. The stock holder wouldn't hold the camera stable.
jpridder86 2.41
· 
@Chris White- Overcast Observatory  - are you planning to sell that fancy dew shield?
· 
·  1 like
Jeff Ridder:
@Chris White- Overcast Observatory  - are you planning to sell that fancy dew shield?

Possibly. I have some details to work out, testing, etc...

If interested please PM me. I'd like to keep my posts informational only. 
CCDnOES 5.21
· 
·  3 likes
For the 130 I designed and built this to go with my DSD flat panel. It also has a groove that accepts an Astrozap dew strip.

One advantage to the 130 is that it is small enough to just barely fit this as a single print on most printers.

Printed on a Bambu X1C in PAHT-CF for heat and strength.

STL file on Thingyverse

NOTE: I have yet to try a flat with it although the DSD does nice flats fitted directly.

DSD Dew Cap.png
Edited ...
· 
·  1 like
Bill McLaughlin:
For the 130 I designed and built this to go with my DSD flat panel. It also has a groove that accepts an Astrozap dew strip.

One advantage to the 130 is that it is small enough to just barely fit this as a single print on most printers.

Printed on a Bambu X1C in PAHT-CF for heat and strength.

STL file on Thingyverse

NOTE: I have yet to try a flat with it although the DSD does nice flats fitted directly.

DSD Dew Cap.png

Nice Bill.  Isnt it fun to trick these scopes out?  It's like pimp my ride...

I used an astrozap heated dew shield.  I decided not to integrate a dew heater into the design.  I'm using a fan on the back of the primary and hoping that that does enough along with the dewshield itself.  My humidity is very high so it will be a good test.
umasscrew39 12.64
· 
Post removed - inadvertently placed in the wrong forum)
Edited ...
jego 2.41
· 
This is in the E-160ED equipment forum and 56 pages deep already, probably best to post questions about unrelated equipment in a more appropriate thread.
umasscrew39 12.64
· 
Post removed
Edited ...
MalcolmPark 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Chris White- Overcast Observatory:
Nick Grundy:
Chris, are you going unguided?  I assume that box on the rear houses Powerbox etc?

Yes, Mach2.  That is actually not a box, It's just a "hat" I designed.  When my rain detector triggers it puts the mount in Park Position 5, so these shrouds are in place to keep rain out of the electronics. 

Park5.JPG

hello, just wondering whar rain detector you use? and assume its ACOM compliant with a driver?
JCT 0.00
· 
I just want to thank everyone for posting their setups and arrangements.  It's really helpful for those of us who will be assembling our gear in the near future (awaiting the release of the Hercules....)

JT
Eteocles 2.71
· 
·  1 like
Hercules was officially unveiled at NEAIC. Don’t see that it’s been posted here yet. Looks pretty sweet. I’m tempted to sell some stuff to pull funds together for it. 

https://optecinc.us/products/19749?variant=44844958744725
Edited ...
JCT 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Dan:
Hercules was officially unveiled at NEAIC. Don’t see that it’s been posted here yet. Looks pretty sweet. I’m tempted to sell some stuff to pull funds together for it. 

https://optecinc.us/products/19749?variant=44844958744725

Ah - I hadn't realized that Jeff had posted it yet!   I'm on the waitlist, held off on the Leo when it was announced.  I have rotators on all of my rigs, I'm spoiled re: composition.

Looking forward to first reports...
jpridder86 2.41
· 
·  1 like
Pre-ordered my Hercules about a month ago. Looking for that shipping notification any day...

Register or login to create to post a reply.