SVX102T and full frame sensors Stellarvue SVX102T-R · Nick Grundy · ... · 4 · 305 · 2

Supro 3.81
· 
Hi All, As I'm looking at this scope, I'm trying to judge how it'll perform with a full frame image sensor like the ASI6200

Their website notes that with the flattener, a corrected image is 43mm. (which would mean some tiny portion of vignetting)
  • with 3" Focuser and SFFX-1: 43mm

Does anyone have direct experience with this setup that could chime in?
Jeff_Reitzel 1.51
· 
·  1 like
I have used mine a couple times with my QHY410C full frame camera. You do have to crop out the corners a bit. Here is a master flat in that configuration. And a link to the image the flat was used for. My SVX102T is a little older model with a 2.5inch focuser so your results may be just a bit better with your larger focuser.  
https://www.astrobin.com/cmsity/
CS,
Jeff
image.png
Edited ...
Supro 3.81
· 
·  1 like
Jeff Reitzel:
I have used mine a couple times with my QHY410C full frame camera. You do have to crop out the corners a bit. Here is a master flat in that configuration. And a link to the image the flat was used for. My SVX102T is a little older model with a 2.5inch focuser so your results may be just a bit better with your larger focuser.  
https://www.astrobin.com/cmsity/
CS,
Jeff
image.png

Thanks Jeff, I’m definitively searching for something that doesn’t vignette and even better has near full illumination at the corners. 

how has your experience been otherwise?
Jeff_Reitzel 1.51
· 
Nick,
I'm not a fan of the vignetting either but I wanted to try that combination to see how it worked. Honestly I just use my SVX102T with the reducer and an APS-C mono cam. The 102T is a wonderful scope for sure in that configuration! I have been checking out the Askar500 as an alternative 4 inch that has a huge corrected imaging circle and doesn't break the bank. Maybe someone has some experience with something like that will chime in. I have an Edge 11 and a Stellarvue SVX127D that both fully illuminate the full frame sensor so that is where it is used. 
CS,
Jeff
Edited ...
DalePenkala 15.85
· 
Jeff Reitzel:
Nick,
I'm not a fan of the vignetting either but I wanted to try that combination to see how it worked. Honestly I just use my SVX102T with the reducer and an APS-C mono cam. The 102T is a wonderful scope for sure in that configuration! I have been checking out the Askar500 as an alternative 4 inch that has a huge corrected imaging circle and doesn't break the bank. Maybe someone has some experience with something like that will chime in. I have an Edge 11 and a Stellarvue SVX127D that both fully illuminate the full frame sensor so that is where it is used. 
CS,
Jeff

I’m currently looking at the Askar 600/5.6 108 with a .7 reducer for myself. I’d also be interested in feed back on this as well. https://agenaastro.com/askar-108mm-f-5-6-quintuplet-petzval-flat-field-astrograph-fra600.html
I know many like the Askar line of astrographs but I’m sure there have to be hit and miss’s on every type of scope on the market. 

Dale

Register or login to create to post a reply.