wich adapter? Sky-Watcher Explorer 200PDS · Herman Gilis · ... · 4 · 169 · 0

hgilis 0.00
· 
Among those beautiful pictures a lot are made with an zwo asi camera
I just got this asi533mc but I just can't find out how to connect it to the Crayford focuser
I am using the 'rings'that come with the camera but I am not able to focus at all...
All I see on the AsiAir screen is the secondary mirror with vanes
What kind of adapter do I need??
Hoping for help

Herman
siovene
· 
Hi Herman,

did you mean to post this topic to the forum of the sky-Watcher Explorer 200PDS? Or would you like me to move it to the forum of the ZWO ASI533MC, to get more relevant answers?

Let me know if needed.

Thanks!
Salvatore (moderator)
dave1968 2.81
· 
Herman Gilis:
Among those beautiful pictures a lot are made with an zwo asi camera
I just got this asi533mc but I just can't find out how to connect it to the Crayford focuser
I am using the 'rings'that come with the camera but I am not able to focus at all...
All I see on the AsiAir screen is the secondary mirror with vanes
What kind of adapter do I need??
Hoping for help

Herman

Herman take a picture of your camera attached to focuser so we can see how your connected, sounds like a spacer issue which I’m sure will be easily fixed.

dave
stalv0812 0.00
· 
At first I used 2 inch M48 T-adapter to connect my camera to a focuser, later I've bought a coma corrector and use it in the same way. Also, I'd recommend to by a compression ring 2-inch adapter to use instead of whatever sky-watcher ships with telescope as it has only two screws to tighten and leads to a tilt in a camera to focuser line.
hgilis 0.00
· 
Thank you so much for replying so rapidly
I connected by using all the spacers that come with the zwo 533 as showed in the ASI manual 
Maybe the camera is too deep in the focuser?
I cannot not show a picture as I packed all the gear already
I also use the compression ring
On the website of Teleskop-express.de I saw the TSFA2 adapter ,T2(M42x0,75) ,length 37,5 mm.
Could this be an option?
Thx again for assisting me
Herman

Register or login to create to post a reply.