CEM120EC2 with NINA iOptron CEM120 · Georg N. Nyman · ... · 4 · 307 · 1

gnnyman 4.52
· 
Hi everyone,

maybe one of you can help me - I am using my CEM120EC2 with NINA (current version 2,3RC1). In NINA, I add the iOptron commander (ver9) as telescope - and then it happens - most data are strange and/or wrong - see attached screenshot. The guiding works fine, but the flip time is logically wrong and every other figure from the commander as well, except the altitude, which is correct.
But if I add "device hub" as telescope - with the CEM120EC2 as mount selected - all data are correct. But then - no flip organized by NINA - the flip happens but managed by the commander software. This means, I need to watch the time, stop acquisitons and have to recenter manually after the flip.

Have you ever experienced this! What do you suggest me to change/do?

Thanks and regards
GeorgiOptronProbemNINA.jpg
GalacticRAVE 5.87
· 
I have the same mount, never had that problem. But one thought: do you have your PC set to German number format, i.e. 27,7 arc sec vs 27.7 arc sec.  there is a considerable number of software around who have poor implementations (including - surprisingly - pretty much all banking softwares). if there is an translation error, 47,00 degrees would become 47000 degrees ... and your screenshot reminds me of that. Maybe worth to check and reset this in the windows config and give it a shot. Matthias
gnnyman 4.52
· 
·  1 like
I have the same mount, never had that problem. But one thought: do you have your PC set to German number format, i.e. 27,7 arc sec vs 27.7 arc sec.  there is a considerable number of software around who have poor implementations (including - surprisingly - pretty much all banking softwares). if there is an translation error, 47,00 degrees would become 47000 degrees ... and your screenshot reminds me of that. Maybe worth to check and reset this in the windows config and give it a shot. Matthias

Oh, never thought about this....yes this makes sense! I shall check it asap!!
Thanks
Georg
gnnyman 4.52
· 
·  2 likes
Georg N. Nyman:

Oh, never thought about this....yes this makes sense! I shall check it asap!!
Thanks
Georg

I just changed in NINA the language from German to English(US) and everything is correct now! Thanks thousand times for this hint - you nailed it perfectly - that was the problem - German annotation of commas vs US with dots...!
CS
Georg
Florin77 0.00
· 
·  1 like
German to Englisch ist die Lösung!

CS Florin

Register or login to create to post a reply.