User feedback 115mm Wave Altair Wave Series 115 F7 ED Triplet · Pariah · ... · 5 · 154 · 0

Pariah 0.00
· 
Hi

I'm looking at the latest 115mm f7 Wave. Looks like a nice scope, S-FPL53, above average QA/QC, WO level of finish.

Are you 115mm Wave imagers generally happy with the performance of the scope for DSO imaging? 

I shoot OSC so colour correction and minimal SA is important to me

regards R
Bobinius 9.90
· 
Hi R,

This an excellent scope. No problem with it and I think it's probably the best instrument I had from the beginning. The price/quality ratio is excellent, very well built. I have a small WO and I'm not very satisfied with it. You can check some images the AA in my gallery.

CS,

Bogdan
Graham_Winstanley 0.00
· 
I am very pleased with my Altair 115mm and am at least the third owner of mine. It is still in great condition. Mostly used for deep sky imaging but also had good views of Mars at opposition.

Several images available in my gallery.

Regards,

Graham
Pariah 0.00
· 
·  1 like
Bogdan Borz:
Hi R,

This an excellent scope. No problem with it and I think it's probably the best instrument I had from the beginning. The price/quality ratio is excellent, very well built. I have a small WO and I'm not very satisfied with it. You can check some images the AA in my gallery.

CS,

Bogdan

* thanks @Bogdan Borz excellent images in your gallery!  You shoot mainly mono, no issues with OSC and chromatic aberration?
Pariah 0.00
· 
Graham Winstanley:
I am very pleased with my Altair 115mm and am at least the third owner of mine. It is still in great condition. Mostly used for deep sky imaging but also had good views of Mars at opposition.

Several images available in my gallery.

Regards,

Graham

*   thanks Graham, good to hear.
Bobinius 9.90
· 
Bogdan Borz:
Hi R,

CS,

Bogdan

* thanks @Bogdan Borz excellent images in your gallery!  You shoot mainly mono, no issues with OSC and chromatic aberration?

Thank you! Honestly it's a very very long time since I shot with an OSC but I do not remember significant chromatic aberration.

Register or login to create to post a reply.