Guiding with Asi 1600/294 mm pro [Deep Sky] Acquisition techniques · Leonardo Landi · ... · 4 · 118 · 0

Leon87 0.00
· 
Hi everyone. I'm preparing a setup to install remotely, in an astrofarm about 3 hours' drive from home. The setup would be as follows: newton 200/800 with asi 1600mm, and in piggyback TS 60/360 with asi 294mm. All on 10micron gm1000hps. For the guide, at the beginning I thought about putting an OAG on the TS60/360, but now I have a doubt: since I will never use the two OTAs at the same time, and since both the 1600mm and the 294 should support the function region of interest, is it possible to use them for guides by restricting the FOV? With 10microns, times of 5 to 10s between one frame and another are used for guiding ,  more than enough to download the image in PHD2.
Edited ...
andreatax 7.76
· 
Bin them and you'll be alright.
dunk 1.81
· 
If you are on the 10u, why do you need to guide at all?
Leon87 0.00
· 
The mount is actually on the way, I haven't tried it yet. I haven't tried it yet. However, I found many reviews claiming that it still benefits from auto-guiding, with checks every 5-10s. Since this is a remote setup I would like a backup plan.
dunk 1.81
· 
Agree having a guider as backup is a good idea, however with a good sky model I am pretty certain you would not need it. The 10u is an outstanding mount.

Register or login to create to post a reply.