Darks at 300sec on 585 ZWO ASI585MC · Alien_Enthusiast · ... · 9 · 248 · 5

Alien_Enthusiast 2.86
· 
·  2 likes
Hi dear AstroBinners,

Another silly question to bother you with,

Here is a 300sec dark on a 585 sensor (auto stretch in Siril)

To me, the frame looks somewhat off

Vignetting is present and there is this brighter patch that looks somewhat unusual (top right corner)

Am I going insane or is it something to do with the sensor?

What do your 300s darks look like on 585?
astronomical_horizon 0.90
· 
·  1 like
You are sure that it was 100% dark? Not attached to the telescope? I normaly see the read noise stripes on my darks. But Ive noticed that my Touptek 2600mm got quite a same pattern. Just on the bottom I got also something that looks like a light leak. 
Its totaly okay, and do not affect your images.
Bennich 2.11
· 
·  1 like
I know the pattern here is different etc. - but check out this thread on very faint amp glow in the 2600MM Pro as well. 
https://www.astrobin.com/forum/c/equipment-forums/zwo-asi2600mm-pro-1/faint-amp-glow-in-an-asi2600mm-pro/

The fact that you "have to stretch" the image to see it might speak to the fact that the actual impact might be either minuscule or non-existent. 

Do you notice any impact on your corrected light frames?
Edited ...
astronomical_horizon 0.90
· 
·  2 likes
Christian Bennich:
I know the pattern here is different etc. - but check out this thread on very faint amp glow in the 2600MM Pro as well. 
https://www.astrobin.com/forum/c/equipment-forums/zwo-asi2600mm-pro-1/faint-amp-glow-in-an-asi2600mm-pro/

The fact that you "have to stretch" the image to see it might speak to the fact that the actual impact might be either minuscule or non-existent. 

Do you notice any impact on your corrected light frames?

*On my images the calibration works fine and the pattern is gone. It says "No amp glow" but in reality all the new sensors got "Quite no amp glow" there is always a little bit of, a leat with my cameras.
Alien_Enthusiast 2.86
· 
·  1 like
Ok I took another 300sec one and made sure its dark

image.png

Still the same pattern and blob on the top right corner

What causes this tho? Is it the sensor footprint? Like the way it was manufactured?

Or is it something acquired with time or misuse? Could it be because the sunlight hit the sensor by accident?
andreatax 7.90
· 
·  1 like
Just a bit of IR leak but nothing to worry about and certainly it isn't because of the eclipse thing. These sensors are rather cheap and would be wrong to compare them with the high end ones. Just calibrate the dark signal out.
Edited ...
Alien_Enthusiast 2.86
· 
andrea tasselli:
Just a bit of IR leak but nothing to worry about and certainly it isn't because of the eclipse thing. These sensors are rather cheap and would be wrong to compare them with the high end ones. Just calibrate the dark signal out.

I actually texted a 585 owner, and he sent me his darks at 300s

Guess what 

Its the same pattern 

Even the blob is there 

I guess its a factory thing
Bennich 2.11
· 
·  1 like
Alien_Enthusiast:
andrea tasselli:

I actually texted a 585 owner, and he sent me his darks at 300s

Guess what 

Its the same pattern 

Even the blob is there 

I guess its a factory thing

Hahaha - it’s a default factory setting…..the real question would then be: how do I change the factory setting 🤣

Great that you got to “the bottom” of the problem 💪
StewartWilliam 1.81
· 
@Alien_Enthusiast  I just did a video on the Touptek version of this 585 camera, and in the video I took 30 seconds darks and we’re fine, as regards any glow, and off camera I took 300 second ones that were also perfect…not showing any glow at all
i did have some banding, but that cleared up with a good quality shorter USB cable

https://youtu.be/BsuuPMPtiDQ?si=W2fqjqmRTCqX0_rz
Edited ...
Alien_Enthusiast 2.86
· 
·  2 likes
AstroShed:
@Alien_Enthusiast  I just did a video on the Touptek version of this 585 camera, and in the video I took 30 seconds darks and we’re fine, as regards any glow, and off camera I took 300 second ones that were also perfect…not showing any glow at all
i did have some banding, but that cleared up with a good quality shorter USB cable

https://youtu.be/BsuuPMPtiDQ?si=W2fqjqmRTCqX0_rz

I guess its a ZWO thing then 

Register or login to create to post a reply.