EZ prosseing suite for PixInsight ver. 1.8.9-1 Stanley Dimant EZ Processing Suite · Anthony (Tony) Johnson · ... · 11 · 824 · 0

starry_night_observer 2.71
· 
·  1 like
Anyone who uses the EZ processing suite knows that darkarchon has shut down his repository for his scripts with the newest version update for PixInsight they are not suppoted. My question for anyone who knows, I’m needing to reinstall my OS for my MacBook Pro and I’ll need to reinstall PixInsight and want to stay with 9-1 to be able to use the EZ processing suite. Is there a way to remove the scripts from my app right now and put them into the new install. I know in the app itself there are folders and I believe the scripts are kept there. Can I copy them out from there and place them in the same location in the new install. I do have the newest version installed on my windows machine but I like the EZ processing suite and want to keep it as long as I can, but I need to reinstall my OS and will forfeit them if I have to but I hope someone knows a way for me to transfer them. This is on MacOS version Catalina.
andreatax 7.90
· 
Yes, you should be able to copy the scripts to the Mac with the new OS (Catalina). They are under /Applications/Pixinsight/src/scripts/.
· 
andrea tasselli:
Yes, you should be able to copy the scripts to the Mac with the new OS (Catalina). They are under /Applications/Pixinsight/src/scripts/.

Exactly what I thought.
jml79 3.87
· 
·  1 like
There is an update in the PI forums to the EZ suite. Has to be manually installed but works with the newest version.
· 
Joe Linington:
There is an update in the PI forums to the EZ suite. Has to be manually installed but works with the newest version.

Wondering where you might have saw that in the forum. I did a search and nothing like that came up. And I’m not sure how you would manually install it.
· 
One note on my post about the EZ processing suite. I did not do the update to the newest version of PixInsight on my Mac. Although I did have to reinstall my OS. Virus, anyway I’ve installed PI 1.8.9-1 not -2 and I copied the script folder from my hard drive before I wacked it to reinstall my OS. I have replaced the scripts but the very one I meant to keep, namely the denoise script is missing, all others are there except that one. I have even copied the entire PixInsight directory out of applications from my old install, before the hard drive wipe, but cannot find it anywhere, just funny how the very one I used all the time is the very one missing. Might have to look into NoiseXTerminator I guess unless someone has any ideas on how to get EZ Denoise  back. Might not have been the best but it worked.
andreatax 7.90
· 
I can post it here, if needs be. Easy to miss as it is the only script without EZ in its name.
afd33 4.65
· 
Anthony Johnson:
Joe Linington:

Wondering where you might have saw that in the forum. I did a search and nothing like that came up. And I’m not sure how you would manually install it.

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?threads/ez-processing-suite.14937/page-12

https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?threads/adding-scripts.6191/

The first has links to download near the bottom, the second link is how to manually add a script.
Edited ...
· 
Got it and it works. So thanks guys. Not exactly sure why when I copied my scripts folder I didn’t get that one, but the links worked and after doing the install it now works again.
Palmito 4.30
· 
·  5 likes
Anthony Johnson:
Anyone who uses the EZ processing suite knows that darkarchon has shut down his repository for his scripts with the newest version update for PixInsight they are not suppoted. My question for anyone who knows, I’m needing to reinstall my OS for my MacBook Pro and I’ll need to reinstall PixInsight and want to stay with 9-1 to be able to use the EZ processing suite. Is there a way to remove the scripts from my app right now and put them into the new install. I know in the app itself there are folders and I believe the scripts are kept there. Can I copy them out from there and place them in the same location in the new install. I do have the newest version installed on my windows machine but I like the EZ processing suite and want to keep it as long as I can, but I need to reinstall my OS and will forfeit them if I have to but I hope someone knows a way for me to transfer them. This is on MacOS version Catalina.

Hey @Anthony

I have taken over EZ Processing Suite maintenance and distribution.
I have just released an update compatible with PixInsight 1.8.9-2.

Details and repo on PixInsight forum: https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?threads/%F0%9F%9A%80-exciting-news-the-ez-processing-suite-project-continues-%F0%9F%9A%80.21816/

Cheers and CS,

Carl
· 
·  1 like
Anthony Johnson:

Hey @Anthony

I have taken over EZ Processing Suite maintenance and distribution.
I have just released an update compatible with PixInsight 1.8.9-2.

Details and repo on PixInsight forum: https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php?threads/%F0%9F%9A%80-exciting-news-the-ez-processing-suite-project-continues-%F0%9F%9A%80.21816/

Cheers and CS,

Carl

Thanks for the heads up. I will be installing this as well as the newest version of pixinsight. I stayed with the previous version so the EZSuite would still work. I appreciate people such as yourself who take it upon themselves to bring the astrophotography community quality apps at good prices or even free like the EZ processing suite. Just wanted to say Thank You. Without people such as yourself, we’d be very limited in what we have access to. It makes the hobby so accessible to anybody at any budget level.
Palmito 4.30
· 
·  1 like
Anthony Johnson:
Thanks for the heads up. I will be installing this as well as the newest version of pixinsight. I stayed with the previous version so the EZSuite would still work. I appreciate people such as yourself who take it upon themselves to bring the astrophotography community quality apps at good prices or even free like the EZ processing suite. Just wanted to say Thank You. Without people such as yourself, we’d be very limited in what we have access to. It makes the hobby so accessible to anybody at any budget level.

Aww, thanks for your kind comment, I appreciate it.

As the company owner of Elveteek, let me promise you EZ Processing Suite will always remain open-source and free ;-)

Register or login to create to post a reply.